Can't get past "please reset your password" screen

by aFrUiTkake

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't get past "please reset your password" screen

★★★ Newbie

I play Apex on my PC through steam, but I also wish to play it through my PS5. I downloaded the game to my PS5. Once I get to the intro screen, I hit X to continue and it always takes me to a "please reset your password" screen with a QR code on it. I've reset my password 10 times and it did nothing to help. When I go to EAs website to sign in, I hit the playstation icon and immediately get hit with a message that reads "connect_error_social_login_failure" Yes those underscores are apart of the error code. It let's me sign into EAs website when I click steam though.

I've read other threads saying my email must be linked to another account, but the only other account would be my origin account or steam. Can I not link the same email address to both steam and PSN?

Message 1 of 4 (727 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't get past "please reset your password" screen

EA app Team

Hello @aFrUiTkake 

Technically it's possible to link your PSN and Steam to the same EA account, but in the situation described, it looks like your PlayStation is linked to a different EA account and in order to get access to it, you will have to reset the password on the EA account that is linked to your PlayStation. If you are having difficulties finding that EA account, please contact customer support, they might be able to assist with locating the correct account.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (700 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hello @aFrUiTkake 

Technically it's possible to link your PSN and Steam to the same EA account, but in the situation described, it looks like your PlayStation is linked to a different EA account and in order to get access to it, you will have to reset the password on the EA account that is linked to your PlayStation. If you are having difficulties finding that EA account, please contact customer support, they might be able to assist with locating the correct account.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Message 2 of 4 (701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me it’s the same account I use through all of my consoles but it’s not working. It works fine on the Xbox. 

Message 3 of 4 (645 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there a way to find what EA account is linked to the steam account, I've tried the only emails I have access too I'm just worried the one that is linked was the school one that got deleted

Message 4 of 4 (624 Views)