Can't get past grey connecting screen

by RealMG_Tank

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't get past grey connecting screen

★★★ Newbie

My game is stuck on the grey connecting screen after the initial splash screen on PS4. Its not frozen as the symbol in the middle just keeps buffering. Does anyone know of any fixes for this? downloaded from the Playstation Store.

Message 1 of 29 (17,289 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't get past grey connecting screen

★★★ Newbie

I got it fixed had to delete an reinstall the game then it worked for some reason. No clue why that worked but at least I can play Chell with the boys now.

View in thread

Message 5 of 29 (17,150 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Yeah. It was pretty embarrassing when I had a several friends over to show off the game only for it not to work at all. Would not get past the “connecting” screen after pressing X at the title menu. Everybody at that party definitely got an opinion of EA as a result.

Message 2 of 29 (17,231 Views)

Community Manager

@Kalg5@RealMG_Tank

Can you guys try disconnecting your 'net connection until the game is loaded and then connect and play?

Let us know if this helps at all, thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 29 (17,186 Views)

★★★ Novice
After disconnecting my internet from my PS4, I was able to get to the main menu. However after reconnecting to the internet, I am unable to use World of Chel or any other online mode as I get stuck on the grey “connecting” screen. I see it endlessly cycling again. Left it on for 4 hrs before my system went into sleep mode.
Message 4 of 29 (17,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got it fixed had to delete an reinstall the game then it worked for some reason. No clue why that worked but at least I can play Chell with the boys now.

Message 5 of 29 (17,151 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. When I disconnect from the net and load the game, I can access only offline modes, but when I reconnect to the net, I can only get to the start screen and after pressing x, it gets to the gray loading connecting screen. The messed up part is my bro is able to connect and play the game with his profile on the same PS4.  I’ve issued 3 cases to ea and none of the solutions worked. My origin account is already linked to ea, but the game is not? WTF do I need to do, stop purchasing ea games?

Message 6 of 29 (17,118 Views)

Can’t connect to EA, gray connecting screen

★★ Novice

When I disconnect from the net and load the game, I can access only offline modes, but when I reconnect to the net, I can only get to the start screen and after pressing x, it gets to the gray loading connecting screen. The messed up part is my bro is able to connect and play the game with his profile on the same PS4.  I’ve issued 3 cases to ea and none of the solutions worked. My origin account is already linked to ea, but the game is not? WTF do I need to do, stop purchasing ea games?

Message 7 of 29 (17,092 Views)

★★★ Novice
I know right. I have done extensive troubleshooting with this problem to no avail. EA technician asked me to do asked me to do everything from delete and reinstall the game, system update, restoring licences, deleted save data files, deleting my psn account from my PS4, starting my PS4 in safe mode to conduct database rebuild (which meant I had to redownload games that had nothing to do with my issue specifically with NHL 19. My internet is not the issue by the way as I had to redownload all those games and can play other games online.
Message 8 of 29 (17,101 Views)

Re: Can’t connect to EA, gray connecting screen

★★★ Novice
I am in the same predicament. My friends are playing this game as we speak. The problem has not been resolved. I am able to get into past the menu now. However when I try to start a match in EASHL mode I am unable to match make or play with my friends. I still have not been able to play this game over a week and a half of purchase.
Message 9 of 29 (17,033 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tired everything, I’ve read all comments and solutions and I’m still getting a grey screen. Please help me, I just want to play online. 

Message 10 of 29 (16,986 Views)