Re: I can’t get passed the grey loading screen on NHL 19

by atherton0408

Original Post

★★ Novice

What I had to do was unplug my ps4 from the wall and the cord it’s self from the back of the ps4 and do a hard restart now it works every time I was having the exact issue you were and yes it sounds stupid but it actually works 

Message 21 of 29 (3,067 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue, bought a playstation after many years I didn't have a console and NHL was the first game I wanted to play on. Grey screen stuck on connecting and only way to play (offline only) is by unplugging the network cable so the game runs in offline mode.

Being a professional in the industry I can't believe this issue has been going on for so many people for so long!! EA. any update on this one!? I tried all the suggestions other users have tried and no luck... any feedback would be really appreciated!  

Message 22 of 29 (2,946 Views)

★ Novice

Just fixed!!! 

Follow this page to fix: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/

specifically in my case I had to log off my ea account (from laptop/browser, log out, log in again) and use the "PSN button" below instead of email and password stored in the browser)... that linked the EA/Origin to my PSN account and now the game successfully connects)

Hope this helps others.

Cheers!

Message 23 of 29 (2,945 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I still can't get passed it I have tried everything on this forum and it doesn't help please somebody EA FIX YOUR GAME

Message 24 of 29 (2,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA NHL Team
Message 25 of 29 (2,789 Views)

Re: Can't get past grey connecting screen

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I’ve unplugged the system and deleted the game and reinstalled it, but still the grey screen comes up. We can play offline but that’s it. Any suggestions 

Message 26 of 29 (2,320 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @Chippy3112 

Do you happen to have any peripherals plugged into the USB ports? Maybe a Guitar Hero dongle or a racing wheel?

Aljo.png
Message 27 of 29 (2,299 Views)

★ Novice

I just went on to the EA help website and signed in by linking my PSN account with my EA account and when I longed back into NHL 21, it worked and went off of the grey screen and onto the normal main menu.

Message 28 of 29 (2,000 Views)

Community Manager

@MIZER809 

Great! If you have any other issues, please let us know. Good luck and have fun Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 29 of 29 (1,921 Views)