Re: Can't get help from live support swgoh

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Can't get help from live support swgoh

★★★ Novice

Why can't I speak to support live from the UK. Any time I create a ticket it sends me an email from a support team member that ask me to follow a link for live chat and all it does is make me go through the same process again to be told I will be emai

Message 1 of 11 (658 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @the-d-v-int

Contacting support for mobile games works a bit differently to the standard contact route for pc/console ones. It's because the support team needs information that won't carry through if you start the help ticket from the help.ea.com website. They'll often point you towards starting the help ticket from in-game as a result. It's a necessary step. 

Could you take a look through the steps and images in this thread (click the spoiler tags to view screenshots) and let me know if you've been doing those exact steps? 

If yes, can I check what device you're trying to connect with support from? 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 11 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna Hi I will try these steps precisley but I believe I have done this already

Update: After I click the grey contact button it takes me to this

Update #2: Ive tried the steps you laid out. I even tried raising a new ticket and it does the same thing. Email support only when I select UK region. Surely there is live support for your games outside the US and Canada?

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 3 of 11 (644 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @the-d-v-int,

I understand now. It's not so much about your region in this case, it's because it's a mobile ticket. For mobile titles, due to the information that's needed, it can only be gathered and sent through via email format. This is why the only contact option for mobile tickets would be email.

If connecting via phone or live chat is something you'd really like to do, please continue with the in-game ticket via email for now so the needed information at least goes through first. After hearing back from the support team confirming they're looking into it, the following steps should then help to generate different contact options depending on language selected:

1. Go to http://help.ea.com and log out if you are logged in.
  2. Select contact us -> Select Origin -> Select PC/Mac -> Select manage my account -> Select hacked account -> Select contact option. 

Once in chat or on the phone let them know the actual email to load up the correct account and if you have it handy, the case umber for the help tickets successfully sent in from in-game. 

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 11 (623 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi well that was useless. I done the in-game ticket. Gave them all the information they needed and guess what they asked me to go to their site to connect via live chat or phone. Which for some reason I can't. This is a disgrace I have many e.a products and if it's this difficult to connect to your support I am seriously thinking of no further investment into e.a games..I'm getting caught in an endless loop of no help at all and any solution presented takes me back to the start of the process. 

Message 5 of 11 (604 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue from canada. I get one email, from a different agent each time, each asking for more information, Ive given everything including screenshots. Most don't even read the ticket since they are generic copy and paste replies. Now I keep being asked to connect via phone or live chat so I can get the information I need, i need NO information. Im frankly disgusted with the support I've received for this game. I work for tech support in another field, I would have had a warning on day one for mishandling a case, day 3 would have been my final warning. Today i would have received a pink slip. Myself, like the OP here, have been an EA game player since the 90s and Im just about ready to give it up entirely, this isn't the first time ive had a run around issue.

Message 6 of 11 (577 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @blindthundr and @the-d-v-int,

I can only apologize on behalf of the support team if you're cases have been mishandled by advisors. I'll be passing on this feedback to the team.

Can you share what issue you're reaching out to support for assistance with? It may be an issue we can help advise from the forums.

If not though, please continue to try those steps again to connect with the support team. How to submit an in-game ticket and how to connect via phone/live chat have been shared above. I understand it's not an elegant solution but as we don't have a means to connect you to them from the forum, trying th steps is currently the only way to reach the support team

- EA_Lanna

Message 7 of 11 (574 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna
I want to speak to a manager. I just forced into a phone call that took 20mins and cost me nearly 15 UK pounds. I am totally disgusted with my treatment. I really wish EA had nothing to do with star wars. can you put me in contact with your hierarchy as I am it letting this slide. Absolutely disgusting treatment of customers. I am totally livid. At the least I want remimbursed for the unnecessary call I had to make. And I want to speak to someone with authority. I will be contacting ofcom (uk telephone regulator) as you quite clearly conned me into making this call.. again totall disgrace the way e.u and u.k customers are treated. As you can tell I'm not happy and I want a reply to this asap.
Message 8 of 11 (570 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @the-d-v-int,

This isn't a request I can help you with from the forums I'm afraid. You would need to connect with the support team to have this escalated and to enquire about reimbursements.

- EA_Lanna

Message 9 of 11 (565 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna Well I will be taking this further. Thanks for a speedy reply.
Message 10 of 11 (563 Views)