Can't get a game in any mode and ping site fixes don't work

by SnowmanHD

Original Post

Re: Games default me to random ping site, can't choose closest ping site

★★★ Newbie
U are not the only one i had that too i stream on twitch u can go look at the gameplay i did and see how bad the lag was i couldn't move my character or anything i had to close the app if i wanna restart, my friend had the lags too i think cause he told me that he lagged out but he was going to bed anyways.
Message 51 of 264 (965 Views)

Re: Can't get a game in any mode and ping site fixes don't work

★★★★★ Newbie
Yeah it’s working fine. Had some time fun playing it for awhile.
Message 52 of 264 (827 Views)

★ Apprentice

SPOILER ALERT! 

I think I have the fix, well it worked for me anyway...a full re-install of the game!

Last night a friendly twitter EA Help guy called "Skeeter" was next in the queue for my online bile, but after patiently replying with the usual fixes which had all been tried his last throwaway line was "you could always try a full re-install as there may be some corrupt files" Thumbs up

Well oh my days Skeeter was right, I guess after the first install around a year ago, patch upon patch and updates etc. have been layered up. I just deleted the lot and did a fresh 59GB install which took around an hour on my 100MB line, the game lobby was straight in to matches quicker than I'd ever seen it before Cool

So if you've tried everything else except for this I reckon give it a go...what have you got to lose, it worked for me !!

Fingers crossed for you all Nerd

Message 53 of 264 (803 Views)

Champion

@dkingdom wrote:

SPOILER ALERT! 

I think I have the fix, well it worked for me anyway...a full re-install of the game!

Fingers crossed for you all Nerd

GLHF.  You're on your way to being a Champion!!

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 54 of 264 (902 Views)

★★ Pro

@dkingdom @Major-Band1t

Reluctantly trying this method as we speak because the logic about patch upon patch potentially causing corrupt files is fair comment.

Will let you know.

Fingers crossed.

Message 55 of 264 (881 Views)

★ Apprentice

Like an over excited teenager I posted my joy too quickly, the matchmaking server honeymoon lasted a whole 24 hrs and then...

whaddayknow normal service is now resumed....can't get a game anywhere, server site defaults to Ireland and waiting for 9 players to join.....ENDLESSLY

It was nice while it lasted, but now back to Trump, Iran, Brexit with no escape on Xbox

Message 56 of 264 (878 Views)

★★ Pro

@dkingdom

Wish i'd waited now, lol, oh well... too late,

Can't hurt to have a fresh re-install though i suppose? Must be some fragmentation with all the patches. 

Message 57 of 264 (869 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah I still think there's logic in that but can't explain why yesterday was so instant into games and today is SNAFU

Message 58 of 264 (864 Views)

★★ Pro

It's always something, never known a title like it, it's almost like they have a quota to meet for alienating as many players as possible, and creating spectacular new original ways for the game to fail.

Said it before and i'll say it again... It's not a good idea to annoy/let down Star Wars fans, we have long memories and are not the most forgiving! 

Large smile

Message 59 of 264 (857 Views)

★ Apprentice

...as if millions of voices suddenly cried out for customer support and were suddenly silenced

Message 60 of 264 (847 Views)