Re: Can't find players/lobbies always empty Star wars Battlefront 2

by Apacchi

Original Post

★★ Novice
Yep. PC in Australia here. Constant empty lobbies; I've been seeing complaints of this for weeks.

Have the devs acknowledged this yet?
Message 31 of 221 (13,529 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, same issue in Australia. Constantly getting empty lobbies or "Waiting for 18 players to join".

It's like this game is slowly dying, 3 months after it was launched!

I wonder if Disney will risk giving the Star Wars Licence to EA and Dice ever again?

Message 32 of 221 (13,523 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

What country are you in? 

South Africa

What ISP do you got?

C-Fibre from cellc 20/20mbps

What game mode are you trying?

Blast, Strike and Heroes vs Villains

What time/date have you had the issue?

Evenings during week and whole of weekends. Since beginning, but more after recent patches especially patch 1.2.

What server connected setting in Battlefront 2 have you chosen?

South Africa - 2 ms

Any update on this ??

This is been way worse now after patch 1.2

I contacted EA a month after it was launched before I bought the game to ensure that there are South African servers as I don't want to waste my money!

Looks like I have wasted my money! Can I get a refund or compensation of some kind? a thousand bucks is a lot of money especially if you cant use the product as intended after a few short months. :<

Message 33 of 221 (13,494 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, did you manage to get a solution to this major problem?

Me and the wife have been playing online from the "free" weekend in Feb. I managed to buy Gold Live to keep playing online for 6 months.

One problem though, we haven't managed to play once on the South African server (ping ranging from approx 37 to 56).

I tried GA, Strike, Star fighter. I get to a lobby and it will tel me there is 19 players waiting, will leave it for half hour or so, will change to 17 needed and then back to 19.

We thought it was normal, but after spending the better half of Friday night and Saturday morning staring at the same screen, in anticipation, nothing.

I then tried the German and Virginia sites with pings of approx 230 to 300. We manage to play, but we find our-self's shooting at jumping targets!

We love the game, we spend money on a feature of the game that is not functioning as advertised, we further spend money on Gold that we cannot utilize up to expectations?

Which brings me back to my original question? is anybody having joy on the South African server?

Message 34 of 221 (13,442 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mods haven't replied since early January. I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't think they care much about the empty servers anyway.

Message 35 of 221 (13,428 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm in Florida and this happens to me and my friends too. If we load into a lobby and it's just a few of us, 9 times out of 10 it will NOT find any other people. The best method is to back out and try again. Which usually results in finding another game immediately. The more people I have in my party, the more lobby problems we seem to have.

Message 36 of 221 (13,403 Views)

★★ Novice
Same in AUS, cannot find a game at all. have tried for several days for several hours.
Message 37 of 221 (13,384 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've had the same problem since the beginning, EA support dropped me halfway through fault finding. I can only join a GA game, nothing else. I've stopped playing now.
Message 38 of 221 (13,368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the game, and I have not being able to play any multiplayer match in two days! no players at all!

Message 39 of 221 (13,320 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here, I'm from Brazil. Can't find matchs and the games stutters a lot 

Message 40 of 221 (13,306 Views)