Can't find opponent in any mode NHL 18 Xbox One

by Holy_Z

Original Post

Can't find opponent in any mode NHL 18 Xbox One

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The first two days the game came out, I found opponents right away.  Then for about a week no matter when I searched in any mode, it searched for about two minutes and said could not find opponent.

After about a week it started working fine.  That lasted for 2 days.  Since then I cant find opponents.  It's been about two weeks.

I am in the US, comcast cable, Trendnet router.  All the correct ports are open, I am using IPv4, NAT is open, UPnP enabled.  I have cleared my DNS on the console, hard reset xbox, reinstalled the game, and a whole list of other things I was recommended by EA.  All other games I can play fine online.

I have played the NHL on Xbox since 09 and have never had this issue.  If this can't be resolved soon I would like a refund.

Message 1 of 7 (7,441 Views)

Re: Can't find opponent in any mode NHL 18 Xbox One

★★★★★ Apprentice

There are multiple ways to reach their support. You can open a case at help.ea.com. You can Tweet @eahelp. You can also get them at facebook.com/eahelphub. There are plenty of other ways to get a response besides here. Answers HQ is meant more for players helping players.

Try power cycling your modem, router and console. That normally fixes this. You also should check your NAT. Make sure it's not Strict or Type 3.

Message 2 of 7 (7,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie
what do we do
Message 3 of 7 (5,326 Views)

★ Guide

^^^

who is your IP?

what is your router?

and you mean in HUT/VS/Shoot out?but you can play drop in .....

if so you need to turn off ipv6 in your router

Message 4 of 7 (4,971 Views)

★★ Novice

How do u do that

Message 5 of 7 (4,669 Views)

★★ Novice
How
Message 6 of 7 (4,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me 3 days ago. I've had the game for roughly 1 month. Currently can not get any online play in any mode. WTF is going on?  Why does this always happen with NHL...more so in the past 3 seasons. 

Message 7 of 7 (3,235 Views)