Re: Can't do harvest events

by damagedlost

Original Post

Can't do harvest events

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm so close to finishing this stupid harvest fest, but the event I need to complete isn't even available. When I try to start it from the event screen, it does nothing. When I actually go to the restaurant itself, it doesn't even show as an option. 

I've wasted so many cupcakes on this stupid quest, that the game won't even let me finish. I've gone from annoyed to outright angry with this cashgrabbing game. 

This needs to be fixed immediately or I will be asking for refunds. 

Message 1 of 19 (942 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @amyjean_07,

We’re very sorry that you’re unable to start some of the Harvestfest events. We are looking into it.

These steps may help:

1. If any Sims have completed events that are ready to be collected, collect those.
  2. Close your game completely, also in the background. To do this on iOS, press the home button twice and swipe up on the game.
  3. Reload The Sims Mobile.
  4. One of your Sims may have completed the blocked event or be in the event.

If they’re active in an event, let the event complete and you should be able to progress in your quest then. It may be the case that you don’t see any stars in the event to speed up the progress, that is also an issue we’re aware of. Sadly, our testing has shown that this workaround does not work every time, but we wanted to share it in case it does help in your game.

Arrenai Cat

Message 2 of 19 (824 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issues and no work around helps. I've spent real money for this event, so it stinks I'll be unable to finish it. Since there is no way to add more time to the event, I say just unlock the story and all of the items, and give everyone sim cash or gems. Maybe the next quest should have more days to allow completion.

Message 3 of 19 (793 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@damagedlost wrote:

I am having the same issues and no work around helps. I've spent real money for this event, so it stinks I'll be unable to finish it. Since there is no way to add more time to the event, I say just unlock the story and all of the items, and give everyone sim cash or gems. Maybe the next quest should have more days to allow completion.

I even contacted EA about. They basically said they know it's a bug, sorry not sorry, here's some pie slices. As if that made up for it 😒 done spending money on this game. 

Message 4 of 19 (786 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm not even going to bother contacting EA as I've seen doing so doesn't help. It's awful there are so many bugs. BUT, maybe since it affects a lot of people, they will do something about it.

Message 5 of 19 (780 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem. To what did you email. Because i did not even get piecharts. Only we are sorry. Try this

Message 6 of 19 (749 Views)

★ Novice
Having the same problems. Can EA just unlock the relationship story for everyone since there were so many problems? 😣
Message 7 of 19 (730 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Nothing fixes this issue.  Now I’ve wasted money on an event that will end today.  I want a full refund.

Message 8 of 19 (719 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I agree wholeheartedly!!!! So frustrated with the massive glitches in this quest and I worked so freaking hard to complete it too!!! Tech support assured me that they were working on the issue and it shouldn't happen again but that doesnt change that it was impossible to finish the quest line due to game glitches!!! They need to open up the new story and give cash or gems or extend the quest longer!!!

Message 9 of 19 (706 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here. They didnt even sound bothered that there was such huge glitches and didnt offer any compensation in any form. Not happy. Not sure it's even worth playing this game anymore. Quests are impossible to finish and then the glitches just make it worse yet.

Message 10 of 19 (701 Views)