Can’t connect to ea server Battlefield v

by lol19DK

Original Post

Can’t connect to ea server Battlefield v

★★★★★ Novice

Unable to connect to EA Server I've tried everything i have clear DNS cache Tried vpn and Change dns latency is 6 ms 

Message 1 of 35 (1,068 Views)

Re: Can’t connect to ea server Battlefield v

★★★ Expert

On what platform do you play? Sometimes cold booting or power cycling your device can solve the issue. Turn off your device and unplug it. wait for 20 seconds before you plug your device back in. When the 20 seconds have passed, plug your device back in and see if you can connect to the EA servers.

You can open (forward) some TCP or UDP ports for troubleshooting. This could drastically improve your network connection with the EA Servers.
For an easy read guide, please visit EA Help - Opening Ports and also check Connectivity Troubleshooting Guide 

Switching to a different DNS is also a techie trick that can help you if your DNS is unreliable. If something goes wrong with the DNS you are using, you can experience lag or get no connection at all.

Message 2 of 35 (1,033 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i play on pc I've tried everything 

Message 3 of 35 (1,008 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i play on pc I've tried everything
Message 4 of 35 (950 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @lol19DK

When you have the chance could you try running a UO Trace? That will give us a detailed look at the connection between your PC and the servers, so if there's something happening in between we should be able to see it. 

For more info on how to run the test check out the EA Help website. Please send me the results in a direct message when you have them. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 35 (915 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

heey 

Message 6 of 35 (902 Views)

Community Manager

@lol19DK 

Thanks!

How long did you let the trace run? Ideally we'll want to look at a sample of 100 packets, but it looks like it stopped after 17. Can you try running it again and make sure it sends at least 100 packets so we have a good sample? 

I appreciate it. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 35 (873 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay

Message 8 of 35 (853 Views)

Community Manager

@lol19DK 

Perfect, thanks!

The trace looks pretty good. There doesn't appear to be any measurable packet loss, and the ping doesn't look out of the ordinary. 

Have you ever had a chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that makes any difference at all? If there's something else running on your PC that might be blocking the connection that may help to get around it. 

For more info on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you have a chance. 

Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 35 (840 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

it didn't help i have norton 360 and I've tried to turn it off and it didn't help either

Message 10 of 35 (789 Views)