Re: Can't connect to EA's Servers in Battlefield V

by devgru6_yuenglin

Original Post

EA DICE Team

Running Uo-tracer you get error message 2000, what step do you get this?  @WeWantWafflesMm

Did you try to connect with 4g device to see if the same issue is happening for you? 

/Atic 

Message 11 of 21 (3,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No, no. Error message 2000 ingame, UOTrace worked just fine. My former PC was able to run the game just fine and had identical UOTrace results actually. Official EA tech support was very poor and eventually told me I should get them my DxDiag, mymsinfo & a UOTrace of both machines .. a process that might take me over 3 hours to run.

That's when I gave up. I uninstalled the game & origin, and also got a refund. I won't be playing unfortunately.

Message 12 of 21 (3,852 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @WeWantWafflesMm, we have a massive topic about it here: 

We are looking in to the issue. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 13 of 21 (3,826 Views)

★ Novice

Samething here... Yestarday it work, today not even with safe mode on work... S**** Server

Message 14 of 21 (3,726 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @WeWantWafflesMm

I resolved this by changing my documents mapping in my windows registry.

I recently built a new pc and never changed the mapping - this is where Origin saves your Battlefield user profile (your system's documents folder), and if it is mapped to a drive that doesn't exist it will prevent you from connecting. 

Try this:

1. Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor 

2. Navigate to this Key: 
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders 

3. In the right hand pane, double click Personal 

4. Set its Value Data to: (mine was previously mapped to an F: drive that is no longer in my system- hope that may be the case for you)
%USERPROFILE%\Documents 

5. Close the Registry Editor and restart your PC

Worked for me after loading Battlefield - had to perform an interface update and then boom I was online!

Message 15 of 21 (18,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@johnnylight76   This worked for me. I had played the early Beta version without any issues. Thanks for your post!

Message 16 of 21 (3,610 Views)

★★★ Novice

Happy it worked for you sir!

Message 17 of 21 (3,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wont connect for me either. Just bought it and cant get online. Its * 

Message 18 of 21 (3,522 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had a similar issue I went through all of their help protocols.  Then I found out that the firewall was blocking internet access to Battlefield V. This solved my issue hopefully it helps you or someone else.

Message 19 of 21 (3,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes connecting through phone( using hotspot solves my issue but i get very high ping by this can you help how i can make my ethernet work

Message 20 of 21 (1,753 Views)