Can't connect on Battlefront ea on PS4, also constant Companion reconnecting

by DrWatsonCorgiMD

Original Post

Can't connect on Battlefront ea on PS4, also constant Companion reconnecting

★★ Novice

Trying to view the battlefront 1 companion but it keeps reconnecting and reconnecting after logging in.  I am also trying to play online on the PS4 and it never signs in to ea. It also seems to keep me off Playstation Network on occassion.  I can sign into my ea account in other places without issue.

Any solutions?

Message 1 of 8 (1,456 Views)

Re: Can't connect on Battlefront ea on PS4, also constant Companion reconnecting

Community Manager

@DrWatsonCorgiMD 

Are you still having trouble connecting to the online servers for PlayStation 4? If you're not able to load up the companion check out my response in this post below.

Companion App Troubleshooting

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/What-happened-to-the-Star-Wars-Battlefront-companion-app/...

Follow these steps if you're having trouble connecting to the online servers.

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,367 Views)

Re: Can't connect on Battlefront ea on PS4, also constant Companion reconnecting

★★ Novice

I can connect at another house, but the place I am staying at now I can't connect.  Whenever I try to connect to Battlefront 2, my friends list in the PS4 disappears but reappears as soon as I close the application on Battlefront 2.  I mention this because it seems trying to connect EA servers produces some conflict with PS plus or PS4 network.

Message 3 of 8 (1,188 Views)

Community Manager

@DrWatsonCorgiMD 

Have you tried rebooting your network yet to see if a fresh link to our servers fixes this hiccup?

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,172 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried these steps and nothing has happened:

- linked EA account to PSN account (and verified it was connected on "About Me" page.

- Signed in using PSN account on EA website (on a phone, computer and PS4 web browser)

- Changed EA password

- Did the whole: Default Settings, sign in PSN, Restore Licenses, Restart PS4

- Confirmed all login info was correct and was able to sign in on BF Companion App

- Confirmed EA account was "adult"

- I have a PS+ account for "online play"

- Contacted tech "support" that wasted an hour of my time telling me to do the same things I told them I already did (see above).

Still nothing works. Anyone else actually want to play this game???

Message 5 of 8 (869 Views)

Community Manager

@j3r4m3yr33d 

Are you able to connect after changing your DNS on the console? we've seen some users suddenly being unable to connect to games or getting stuck at menus, but were able to resolve it after changing the DNS.

Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4

PS4 Network Settings

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_settings.html

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 8 (860 Views)

★★★ Novice

No. Still not able to connect to EA for Battlefront online Services. 

I went in and changed the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4 

I also switched the two so the 8.8.4.4 was primary. 

Internet tests were successful and even restarted the console to make sure settings took. 

I am still unable to connect to EA 

Message 7 of 8 (833 Views)

Community Manager

@j3r4m3yr33d 

Services should be live again, can you try reconnecting for us?

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 8 (792 Views)