Re: Can't connect EA account to Xbox One

by zufallxxx

Original Post

Can't connect EA account to Xbox One

★★ Novice
So I just recently purchased Star Wars Battlefront and I'm super siked to play. But, I guess I have to be connected to my EA account for it to work, along with having live. I can't figure out how to connect my EA account to my Xbox gamer tag. They share the same email and everything. I've read that putting in an EA game should automatically connect them but that doesn't work. I have Live, too, so that's not it. Under my EA account it says I'm not connected to anything. Am I missing a step or something? I've tried talking to customer support but they've been no help.
Message 1 of 8 (20,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Desperate for help on this issue myself!

Message 2 of 8 (20,062 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Anyone actually have an answer to this.

I am able to play Fifa 17 online without any issues

Message 3 of 8 (20,014 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @necrostus 

I am really sorry for those troubles, linking your accounts. Check this article here on how to link your accounts, and should those steps fail, contact EA Advisers directly.  They can link your accounts manually in no time. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 8 (20,002 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The fact that EA wants to collect data to "enhance" gameplay and a social media aspect is not worth the frustration. Just let us buy the disk and play the game.  I also cannot get this to work.  First, since switching from PSN to Xbox EA stated that the problem was that the PSN ID and the Gamertag for Xbox was the same and that EA required that to be changed.  Second, paid to change the Xbox Gamertag and still could not login in-app to EA with same no-info error message.  Waiting for second night in a row for tech support to call back (over an hour) and tell me something else to change so that I still cannot play. 

Message 5 of 8 (19,688 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Archiwrote:

Hello @necrostus 

I am really sorry for those troubles, linking your accounts. Check this article here on how to link your accounts, and should those steps fail, contact EA Advisers directly.  They can link your accounts manually in no time. 

Cheers,

Archi

Dude, that's a * for help article that doesn't TELL us how to do anything. "It's automatic" clearly doesn't work. Stop referring people to a dead end.

Message 6 of 8 (19,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive done this multiple times and it keeps saying you guys aren’t taking any calls right now. It’s been 2 weeks now and I have not been able to play apex 

Message 7 of 8 (13,522 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF1 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (13,438 Views)