Re: Can't change settings for game pad flight controls or switch off origin over

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Can't change settings for game pad flight controls or switch off origin overlay.

★★ Novice

No matter what I try, I can't use the pad on PC for flight since it doesn't change the controls when I attempt to do so in the settings option. After choosing "southpaw" or "southpaw legacy", I go back into the game and there's no change at all, and the existing settings are a bit backwards since it's not even mapped as in the "default" pad settings, it's something else entirely. I use mouse and keyboard for soldier combat but decided to test it only to have the exact same thing happen when playing soldier mode.

I have the game on Steam, which launches Origin to play it and also cannot switch off the origin in game overlay. After choosing the option in the application AND right clicking the game and doing so in the properties tab, it still appears. This interferes with my streaming since Origin REALLY doesn't liek streaming and borks the PC. I'm not too fussed about that though, it's more the pad issue that is driving me loony.

Anybody else had the same thing?

Message 1 of 5 (1,308 Views)

Re: Can't change settings for game pad flight controls or switch off origin over

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

What’s your gamepad? Is it an Xbox controller? Need more info before I can suggest options

If this helps:

Steam properties for BF2 > Forced Off on Steam Input In-Game Setting (if it’s on it BF2 may or may not recognize your controller.) Then restart the game

Disable Origin In-Game Overlay:
Origin application settings > Origin In Game > Enable Origin In-Game must be turned off.

Note that Steam launches Origin in a restricted access mode, restart Origin full and you should be able to disable this option

Message 2 of 5 (1,287 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! Yes, it's an Xbox pad. Tried what you suggested but sadly it didn't work. Not sure what's up with it but I'm hoping Steam can fix it since it's likely and issue with the "compact origin" thing that runs with EA games now on Steam. I've opened Origin fully and even tried launching the games from there, but same issue. Overlay appears no matter what I do and pad doesn't work.

Message 3 of 5 (1,237 Views)

EA DICE Team

Origin in game is mandatory on with Origin lite. @Chintilion 

But if you start the game from origin you can change it by doing this: 

• Click on SWBF2 in your game library 
  • Click on the cog 
  • Game Properties 
  • Un tick Enable origin in game for star wars battlefront 2 

That should help out.

/Atic 

Message 4 of 5 (1,163 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic, thanks for the reply. Sadly I've tried that and it doesn't work. I've tried repeatedly to get the pad working too but it doesn't seem to want to.

Thanks for trying to help anyway people.

Message 5 of 5 (1,134 Views)