Can't cancel preorder, EA Help Chat taking forever

by thecoolsurdy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't cancel preorder, EA Help Chat taking forever

★★★ Novice

I would like to cancel my pre order, I made a ticket and started the chat. It said that the estimated wait was under 1 minute, I've been waiting for well over an hour. I need to cancel my pre order and have been trying for the past week, each time the chat has issues and I never get to talk to a EA Game Advisor.

Message 1 of 4 (641 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't cancel preorder, EA Help Chat taking forever

Community Manager

@thecoolsurdy Hi, can you try swapping to a different browser or even a different device? It seems that for some reason your default browser isn't connecting and the first thing to try is another browser. 

That said, you shouldn't need to do this. If the money for the pre-order hasn't been taken already you can just click cancel from your Order History page

If  it has been taken you can put through a refund using the steps detailed here:https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (678 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@thecoolsurdy Hi, can you try swapping to a different browser or even a different device? It seems that for some reason your default browser isn't connecting and the first thing to try is another browser. 

That said, you shouldn't need to do this. If the money for the pre-order hasn't been taken already you can just click cancel from your Order History page

If  it has been taken you can put through a refund using the steps detailed here:https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (679 Views)

★★★ Novice

None of those things work. I've tried two different browsers on two different computers and they both DONT WORK.

They already charged me for the game, and on the request a refund page it says "You don't have any games eligible for refund right now", which is pure * because it states i can request one within 7 days of the game release date.

I want my refund now, and I feel like I've been scammed out of my money.

Message 3 of 4 (606 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, I checked your account, the refund seems to be pending and you were able to contact support. 

Can I ask what changed in order for you to be able to reach support? If there was something blocking the contact i'd like to know what it was, or if it was on the system side that's useful to know to. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (594 Views)