Original Post

Can't advance "A trail of hope" [after patch 1.08]

★★★★ Novice
Platform: XBox1
Game: deluxe edition
Version: 1.08
Has this occurred before: No
How often does it occur: every time

Just arrived on Aya and was met by governor Shie. The quest has Ryder following her but she warns me not to try anything, takes two steps and stops.
Evfra's guards tell me to move and if I do they tell me to stop and eventually I get shot.

I have tried loading a previous save, exiting the game and even restarting my Xbox. Nothing seems to work...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Standard smile
Message 1 of 10 (270 Views)

Re: Can't advance "A trail of hope" [after patch 1.08]

★ Expert

Try loading a savegame prior to landing on Aya.

Message 2 of 10 (242 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this problem too. On my first play through, your solution was essentially what I did. But to my point, this is the type of things we all hope get fixed, but 1.08 seemed to focus on making the game politically correct. There is no problem with that, the game needs to respect everyone, but hopefully the next patch will focus on actual glitches in the programming itself. It would be disappointing if they never do. Still, the game is massive, and its great; a few problems are understandable, the developers do deserve thanks for putting this thing together as good as they did! Sorry if this got off topic.

Message 3 of 10 (228 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@daniel81089 wrote:

I had this problem too. On my first play through, your solution was essentially what I did. But to my point, this is the type of things we all hope get fixed, but 1.08 seemed to focus on making the game politically correct. There is no problem with that, the game needs to respect everyone, but hopefully the next patch will focus on actual glitches in the programming itself. It would be disappointing if they never do. Still, the game is massive, and its great; a few problems are understandable, the developers do deserve thanks for putting this thing together as good as they did! Sorry if this got off topic.

I mean look at everything else that was put into the game with this patch. BARELY ANY of it took a lot of code other than the * Jaal on Male Ryder *. I get people want that I really do, but at the same goddamn time they need to fkn FOCUS on what is ACTUALLY important for the WHOLE instead of the minority.

Message 4 of 10 (218 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Unfortunately that didn't work either... Frown
Message 5 of 10 (205 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This seems familiar. Try to reset ME:A's language via Origin, especially if you do not play it in your native language. I have played ME:A in English and just some hours ago I finally found out, that its language setting in Origin was set to German while in-game language was still English. Resetting it to English did the job.

Message 6 of 10 (194 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks but I'm on Xbox 1... Unless there's a way to connect to origin form there I don't know.
I have checked my language settings just in case but nothing changed... Frown
This never happened before so it was a stretch...
Message 7 of 10 (183 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Note to self: Being able to read can be an advantage.

Nevertheless, can you switch languages? If yes, switch to another one and back again. It may be inconvenient, but there may be a chance that this could trigger a be update event which will fix the game.
Message 8 of 10 (176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
EDIT: Somehow it worked...! I waited for a while and moved around her and she eventually started walking. It's not perfect but it's a step forward... Standard smile No pun intended...

I have tried that and no luck... I did ean my inventory, codex,etc... And she walked down the stairs but then stopped again.
I also tried going to the nexus and then to aya but nothing...
Message 9 of 10 (168 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have tryied all this!

This helps for me! I found a workaround! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYhsVTMpfc

Message 10 of 10 (91 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help