Can't access online features on NHL 20 due to an old Origin account

by SilverGiant8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't access online features on NHL 20 due to an old Origin account

★ Novice

Can't access Online features of NHL 20 on Xbox One.  My current gamertag I'm using is linked to an extremely old Origin account, the email and phone number associated with that old Origin account I don't have access to, and haven't for years.  How do I delete that Origin account from my gamertag, and start fresh?  I'm not concerned about losing any awards, or benefits associated with my old Origin account, I just want to be able to play my current games with my current gamertag.  How do i fix this?  Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Message 1 of 20 (2,730 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't access online features on NHL 20 due to an old Origin account

Community Manager

Hi there, @SilverGiant8.

If you no longer have access to the email on your EA account, you'll need to go through the account recovery process. That begins by filling out the webform here.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (2,688 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @SilverGiant8.

If you no longer have access to the email on your EA account, you'll need to go through the account recovery process. That begins by filling out the webform here.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 20 (2,689 Views)

★ Novice

Going threw the web form dosnt work I’ve tried 6 times and they always tell me I don’t have enough info to verify my account , I don’t remember my old number from years ago nor do I remember the last 5 emails I sent threw it .. this process makes no sense I don’t even want to recover it I just want a new account so the games I paid good money for can be accessed .. I’ve been on the phone on messenger and email and still no one can help me ... gotta say I’ve never been so disappointed with customer service before I don’t understand why I can’t  just delete the old account and start from scratch 

Message 3 of 20 (2,598 Views)

Community Manager

@TheRealHoser13 

You have to prove you own the account before deleting it. Otherwise, anyone could contact us, claim they own an account and have it deleted. We can't have that happening as it would mean many accounts would be deleted without the permission of the actual owner. Unfortunately, the only way to recover the account is to fill out that form with information that matches the history of the account.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 20 (2,586 Views)

★ Novice

Than why can’t I just start fresh? I don’t understand why this is such an issue if I don’t even care if I lose old trophies I just want to be able to play nhl 20 online I paid for it and it’s useless to me right now I paid for the special edition for hut with all the extras not to play offline 

Message 5 of 20 (2,581 Views)

Community Manager

@TheRealHoser13 

You can start over with a new account, but if you purchased the game digitally, you'd need to either purchase it again or use gamesharing to have access to it.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 20 (2,549 Views)

★ Novice

Oh my god .. yea of course I bought it through PlayStation store .. this is craziness how has playing a game you bought on a system you bought with online you bought become so difficult .. pay everyone over a grand and yet you still can’t play the games you buy ! Just sheer craziness 

Message 7 of 20 (2,543 Views)

Community Manager

@TheRealHoser13 

I'm really sorry. I get the frustration. I'm sure I'd feel the same way if the game was on an account I didn't have access to. Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do until you verify ownership or recover the account Frown

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 20 (2,527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im in the same boat bro. This customer service is a joke. I gave them all the information that they asked me for and they still didnt have enough data. Tried the form 3 times already. Just keep getting told "we dont have enough information to verify". Basically a huge "* You!" to the customer. Well EA, i guess its time for a loyal customer from the Sega Days to join the dark side of 2k. No wonder why these games dont show up on TV no more. EA SPORTS you cant even be in the game, it wont let me play.....I have access to my origin acc but these dense yaffmoffs cant  understand i cant change my ea origin log in in game.......EA SPORTS....ITS IN THE GAME

Message 9 of 20 (2,242 Views)

Community Manager

@moralman 

If you don't have access to the email on your account, ownership can't be verified so no changes can be made. When it comes to account recovery, we need to make sure we're granting access to the account owner. If you're not able to accurately answer the questions in the webform, it doesn't look like you own the account so we can't recover it. The best I can recommend is to keep trying with the webform and make your answers as accurate as possible.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 20 (2,065 Views)