Re: Can't access account using security code

by proxos666

Original Post

Can't access account using security code

★★★ Newbie
To access my account using the launcher, I need a one time security password. I am receiving the password through my connected email. however; after several attempts, it has yet to accept the one time security code. has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone else have a solution?

Message 1 of 4 (457 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

@Moikoa 

It sounds like you might be receiving it too late and it expires in the meantime. If you still have the same issue, are you able to change your email address to another domain? I'd imagine not, if you can't login on the website.

You can always contact CS to have them change the email, or just so they can give you the correct code to allow you to make any changes you'd like on your account. Unfortunately, for security reasons, we can't assist via the forums.

Message 2 of 4 (399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It ended up working eventually. I believe the problem was it expiring, but now, in the span of a couple days, I have had to use a "one time security code" multiple times.

Message 3 of 4 (309 Views)

@Moikoa 

if you add a security key to the account there is no need to wait for emails and you get 100cc a month for the key

this link details the programs that can be used for the key and a link to how to attach it

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 4 (305 Views)