Re: Can't access Online Features of Mass Effect Andromeda

by kane4530

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

It's 2020 and this problem still exist. SMH.

Message 21 of 37 (3,275 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I was in touch with EA support and had same issue. I am back online now Standard smile
Message 22 of 37 (3,179 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, but i already owned the Super Deluxe Edition. I've done evrything they've asked and I still can't get online.

Message 23 of 37 (3,140 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not working for me, Just another reason to love EAAngry

Message 24 of 37 (2,987 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too. Wish me luck when I contact them tomorrow.

Message 25 of 37 (2,758 Views)

★★ Novice

Success! Dhananjay fixed it, and had great professionalism and expertise. Thank you, Dhananjay, if you read this.

For anyone else having problems, this is what I sent to describe the problem:

I own the base edition of Mass Effect: Andromeda, but I have received a message from the game that I am unable to access the online features.

This is the exact same problem reported here, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-t-access-Online-Features-of-Mass-Effect-Andromeda/td-... , and I am hoping you can do the steps here that tech support has used to help others with this problem.

I bought Mass Effect: Andromeda on ___ and played this edition (including online) until ____, when I bought 12 months of Origin Access and with that upgraded to Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe Edition.  My Origin Access subscription has now expired.  Yesterday I tried to play the base edition of Mass Effect: Andromeda that I have owned since ____, and I received a message that I cannot connect to the online features.

As I understand it, the problem was caused by Origin Access. The solution requires some combination of 1) making sure the base edition of Mass Effect Andromeda, not Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition, is listed as the default game in my account, 2) completely removing Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition from my account, and/or 3) removing the base edition of Mass Effect Andromeda from my account, and then adding it again.

Thank you for your assistance.
Message 26 of 37 (2,717 Views)

★★ Novice

As for how Dhananjay fixed it, I'm am not positive, but I believe Dhananjay first removed Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition (from Origin Access) from my library, and then removed and re-added the Mass Effect Andromeda base edition that I already owned.

Message 27 of 37 (2,716 Views)

★★ Novice
@Ashiquor someone Indian told me the same thing didn't have issues playing it before Origin Access expired,, Sims 4 and all Mass Effects state Online feature is not allowed.. Guess they don't want my money too.,...
Message 28 of 37 (2,611 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh I had a doozy with EA support on my steam account ME:Andromeda, they screwed up so bad I had to ask for a refund from steam because they made the game linked in my account dead, wouldn't install ever again, but this is what happens when they resource their help centre's to India and offshore places for cheap labour and all you get is MUPPETS that have no idea about gaming in general let alone the problem at hand, I even told them and suggested what people have done to get them to fix it but still they couldn't even get that right. Whats sad is they have to have realised by now the very limited people who own the title but can not connect online and to continue to DO NOTHING about the problem just shows how much they actually care about customer service, which from EA has always been GARBAGE.
Least kalypso media after so many years of the sound bug with windows 10 plagued Tropico 5 retail even they eventually caved into complaints and FINALLY fixed the problem (in the past month), EA doesn't understand how much just little things like that make you entrust more in that company to want to buy more games from them. So I expect no fix on this til they get a gamer to actually look into the problem and have some weight in the company to get their GARBAGE fixed, it's why EA can only come up with GARBAGE SPORTS series games, they distribute everything else basically other companies games they slap their sticker on and claim it's theirs, so B-grade company with FAIL-grade customer service and plagued games issues that never get fixed, EA are the TRUMP of the gaming world imho

Message 29 of 37 (2,386 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here. First support guy advice me to update system etc. and it didn't work but second guy remove and added that game to my account and everything is working now. Don't worry sour saves from single will be untouched from my experience.

Message 30 of 37 (1,760 Views)