Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Can not play any online modes. Squad battles works perfectly.

by NavyWheat64050

Original Post

Can not play any online modes. Squad battles works perfectly.

★★★★ Novice

I have a problem to play online game modes, such as Division Rivals. i started new team in april and wanted to play qualification for rivals but it did not work.

The message appears that my account does not have access, and option to upgrade my account for payment shows up.

What is the reason for this??

Message 1 of 7 (107 Views)

Community Manager

@NavyWheat64050 Sorry for the delay, what system is this happening on?

-EA_Cade
Message 2 of 7 (88 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, it's on Xbox one. See attached picture of the message at the screen when i choose division rivals. If i choose YES then it says checking account status and asks me to get Xbox live Gold.

Message 3 of 7 (80 Views)

Community Manager

@NavyWheat64050 That would indicate that you don't have Gold on the account you're using currently and that no account with Gold on it has that console set as the "Home" console. 

You'll need to grab Xbox Live Gold or have an account with Gold on it already set your console as the Home console to proceed

-EA_Cade
Message 4 of 7 (78 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't understand. Do i have to buy Xbox live gold? But division rivals should be Free for everyone when you buy a game. Correct? 

Message 5 of 7 (75 Views)

Community Manager

@NavyWheat64050 Playing online through Xbox, PlayStation or Switch requires a membership through the console manufacturer.

-EA_Cade
Message 6 of 7 (66 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Ok. Thanks. I must have got some trial period or something last year when i bought the game, because i played online for couple of months without any membership 🤔 

Message 7 of 7 (44 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

fifa-19-player-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help