Can not access EA account

by ralektalen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can not access EA account

★★★ Newbie

My XBox is linked to an email account on a now defunct platform (US.ARMY.MIL)  I have spoken to several EA Advisors in chat, and they all keep telling me that they can not help me because they can not verify the deactivated account.  I have attempted to reset the password, but the reset link gets sent to an email address that does not exist nor does the entire email platform.  I can not play any games on my XBox that are associated with EA Play because I can not unlink my XBox from the now defunct EA Account.  I have read through all the forums on the subject and my take on the problem is that EA is saying "go kick rocks"  This is an inexcusable response.  As you have seen throughout the forums, there are MANY people with the same issue.

EA needs to provide a solution, or allow for a link swapage when generating a new account because the gamer's old account is inaccessible due to that email account being GONE.

Message 1 of 4 (2,176 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can not access EA account

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

When making account changes, the owner of the account must have access to the email on file, and know the information on the EA account in order to make changes to that account. If the player has no access to the email on file, and cannot gain access to that account they must contact live support to make changes.

If a player contacts into live support, and fails any type of verification, they will not be able to make changes to that account unless it is verified. We understand you may not always remember the information on the account which is why they do ask for a multitude of information in order to get you verified.

If no changes can be made, then sadly no access or updates to the account can be made. There are no exceptions to this as this is to protect the security of each player's account.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

mee too i cant acces to my steam with ea account i probbaly take money back from the game

Message 2 of 4 (1,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i HAVE A CASE 144475285. .....I was frozen in Pogo Canasta and refreshed. It asked for my password, the password was not accepted. My listed email is [edit: email address removed], which i do not use. I had them send the info to change password to [edit: email address removed]. I changed the password which was accepted, i went to login and was told "the password expired" I did this 7 times. I did received answers for the above case number which did nothing to correct the situation. In using the HELP part to correct the situation they want me to log into [edit: email address removed].I cannot do  that.. I think the problem can be resolved by you changing my email address to [edit: email address removed] as I cannot change it. This seems like a simple solution to my problem.

I pay good money to play POGO, I put up with unfair programming of POGO Canasta, getting booted out and freeze ups. Please CORRECT this problem by just changing the email address. My screen name in POGO is sgmhoops9. Why cxan't i reach a human to talk to either thru chat or phone? Thank you

* Patteraon

[CM Edit: Personal info removed]

Message 3 of 4 (411 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

When making account changes, the owner of the account must have access to the email on file, and know the information on the EA account in order to make changes to that account. If the player has no access to the email on file, and cannot gain access to that account they must contact live support to make changes.

If a player contacts into live support, and fails any type of verification, they will not be able to make changes to that account unless it is verified. We understand you may not always remember the information on the account which is why they do ask for a multitude of information in order to get you verified.

If no changes can be made, then sadly no access or updates to the account can be made. There are no exceptions to this as this is to protect the security of each player's account.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 4 (209 Views)