by StormRaging

Original Post

Campaign: Can't see anything at all with HID enabled

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Very first level of campaign, when in first person mode in ID10 (ie. right at beginning when you zap sullustan, or when in vents) the screen is too dark to see where you are going. This makes the game completely unplayable right from the beginning.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ryanisntrad
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 12/22/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 06:10 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Campaign
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start the campaign...
What happens when the bug occurs? The HUD overlay makes the game unplayably dark. HUD must be disabled in order to continue.
What do you expect to see? Anything... anything at all
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Pretty pathetic. Terrible first impression to the game's story. I would like a refund.

Also your bug report system does not provide an option for Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5).

Message 1 of 8 (4,919 Views)

Re: Campaign: Can't see anything at all with HID enabled

★★★ Newbie
@ryanisntrad same on PC with RTX2070 SUPER!
Message 2 of 8 (4,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same Problem on PS4

Message 3 of 8 (4,828 Views)

★★ Novice

Just bought the game for PS4. spent a day downloading and installing updates. just to turn on campagin and see that droids first person view is WAY too dark. waited 2 years to try this game. you should refund.

Message 4 of 8 (4,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue. But I did find a work around (as crappy and unnecessary as it should be) Best way for me to navigate in the vents is to hit pause every few feet to see what lies ahead so I know which direction to go. For some reason you can see better when it’s paused. I was able to navigate this way. 

Message 5 of 8 (3,793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

There is another bug report regarding that problem. You should go there and click the 'me too' button. Maybe when it gets big enough, there will be a reaction from EA.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Probe-Droid-Black-Screen/ 

It is kind of pathetic, there are no reactions from EA. We can tell each other about or problems but there is no official reaction.

Anyway, you can try to disable HUD in settings for the short part, where you are inside the air vent. There will be a second air vent, but as far as I know, after that it will be fine.

Message 6 of 8 (3,775 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If you turn off the HUD for the tunnels section you can see just fine. Pretty annoying that you have to do it but it works. 

Message 7 of 8 (3,197 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same on PS4. If it weren’t for your message I would’ve had to stop playing the game. 

Message 8 of 8 (1,583 Views)