Re: CTDs in Fleet Battles and Campaign

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CTDs in Fleet Battles and Campaign

★★★ Novice

Hey there,

I see this is a recurring topic, hopefully the information here will allow a diagnosis.

As mentioned in the title, I get CTDs in fleet battles very consistently, sometimes as the initial cutscene plays out, and if I rejoin I can expect to last maybe 2 minutes before I crash again. It's more infrequent in the campaign (maybe once every couple of missions). It might be tied to the larger ships somehow; I'm noticing it happen fairly regularly when one, even a raider, jumps in or is destroyed. By contrast, I don't remember ever crashing in dogfights.

This happens both in VR and in flatscreen, and has been going on since launch; I was hoping 2.0 would finally stamp it out, but I'm not seeing any improvements. This is pretty upsetting, to be honest, I can't remember the last time a game was this unstable on my machine.

Things I've done/tried:

Ran in windowed / borderless mode

Updated GeForce drivers

Lowered settings, and volumetric quality in particular (this did help for the campaign, I crashed far more frequently before I did)

Closed browers, any and all overlays, disabled antivirus.

Dxdiag attached

Message 1 of 4 (347 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic ,

The dxdiag is my initial message.

I had already tried most of the suggested solutions with no effect. What did work for me was this solution:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Constant-crashes/m-p/9606526/highlight/true#M3482

I also have a 3600. Since disabling SMT I've only had one crash, and was able to quickly rejoin with no further incident after closing Steam, Discord, Chrome etc.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (255 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Erekar make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

Can you also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 4 (263 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic ,

The dxdiag is my initial message.

I had already tried most of the suggested solutions with no effect. What did work for me was this solution:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Constant-crashes/m-p/9606526/highlight/true#M3482

I also have a 3600. Since disabling SMT I've only had one crash, and was able to quickly rejoin with no further incident after closing Steam, Discord, Chrome etc.

Message 3 of 4 (256 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Erekar woops sorry about the dxdiag ask.

Thanks for the heads up on "disabling SMT"

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (209 Views)