Original Post

Re: CTD on Startup

Community Manager
How to disable Game Bar
  1. Right-click the Start button.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Click Gaming.
  4. Click Game Bar.
  5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar so that it turns Off.
Blueberry.png
Message 31 of 51 (773 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Hasn't made any difference seemingly, unfortunutely

Message 32 of 51 (758 Views)

Community Manager

@TheDarkCenturion 

How many Origin friends do you have? There's some players over on the Apex Legends boards that have been able to fix crashes to desktop when they removed friends from their Origin client. I don't like asking players to remove their friends, especially if they have a lot they play with and adding them back can be tedious work. If it doesn't work out that isn't a great experience either...but if you don't mind removing them this can help us identify a potential connected issue related to the friends list. 

Related post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-crash-at-launch-start-up-after-video-intro-F...

Blueberry.png
Message 33 of 51 (725 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

it was less than 10, deleting them seems not to have helped either @EA_Blueberry 

Message 34 of 51 (708 Views)

Community Manager

@TheDarkCenturion 

Are you able to launch the game under a different Windows user account? (Make sure the user name doesn't have any non-English characters, symbols, or numbers in it)

Blueberry.png
Message 35 of 51 (672 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I attempted this last month, didn't make any difference. I'll give it a 2nd shot though

Message 36 of 51 (656 Views)

★ Novice

Hi 
I had the same issue, in my case, I was able to use alt+tab to refresh "screens" in-game and go to settings of display and change it to "window" version. 
The game stopped to recognise my iiyama, in window mode, I was able to use game normally, then I go back to display settings switch it back to fullscreen but this time game detected my Fullscreen display and I was able to set all other settings like refresh rate etc. Since then it is working, I need to try it also with Apex

Message 37 of 51 (638 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't think you understand my issue - i can't get into the game, let alone the settings menu @x42nax 

Message 38 of 51 (608 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Do you remember if DXR (Ray Tracing) was enabled in the game ?

This could be the issue...

A lot of people experienced crash to desktop issues with DXR enabled...

Message 39 of 51 (582 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

very unlikely, had a lot of settings as low as i could on this machine

Message 40 of 51 (560 Views)