Re: CTD on Startup

by TheDarkCenturion

Original Post

Community Manager

@TheDarkCenturion 

Can you update to the latest build of Windows 10 and once that is complete, try unplugging your camera and perform a clean boot? When the PC launches back up, immediately right-click on the Origin desktop shortcut and run as administrator. Let's see if it runs that way without any crashes. If it's smooth, insert the camera back in. I doubt it's related to the camera, but want to make sure we separate that form this to see if plugging it back in after playing has any connection.

Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.

In the Origin client click on Origin in the top left>Application Settings>Disable Origin In-Game. Make sure other overlays aren't running like Discord or MSI Afterburner. 

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 21 of 51 (944 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Had a good feeling about that one, what with the windows update and all, but still no change unfortunutely 

Message 22 of 51 (922 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

interesting development, the window doesn't usually open for more than 1 or 2 seconds after reaching the point in the screenshot attached.

But, a few moments ago, while unplugging and replugging the ethernet cable that leads to the PC from the wall (and eventually leads to the router in another room), the game window hung open for over 5 seconds before closing in the usual manor while the connection reconfigured itself.

Message 23 of 51 (907 Views)

Community Manager

@TheDarkCenturion 

Does disabling Windows Defender Randomware get it working for you? 

Blueberry.png
Message 24 of 51 (883 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry Windows Defender doesn't let me touch anything, all controlled by McAfee - went into McAfee and turned off everything it let me but it's not made a difference

Message 25 of 51 (857 Views)

Community Manager

@TheDarkCenturion 

I see RomeTW.exe under your DxDiag error reporting. From what i see online, that is considered an indication of Malware from a program. Please run virus scans to protect your system and it could also help launch BFV in return.

What type of motherboard do you have? Nahimic could be disguised, can you try this step below to see if it shows up for you?

Press "CTRL+ALT+Delete" at the same time > Task Manager > Startup > find "AWSoundCenterUiLauncher.exe" > right click on it and disable.

Reboot > Test. (Source)

Last DxDiag still shows an older Windows 10 Build and Nvidia driver. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates. Nvidia drivers can be downloaded here.

Blueberry.png
Message 26 of 51 (853 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

RomeTW.exe would refer to Rome Total War, I'll run a scan but i highly doubt this game is malware. Motherboard is an ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z, No sign of Nahimic in task manager.

Windows definitely updated, the desktop search bar worked prior to updating, now it just opens a blank box no matter what you type or do. Currently updating nvidia via Geforce Experience

Message 27 of 51 (804 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Nvidia update didn't change anything, the windows search bar has returned mysteriously overnight though

Message 28 of 51 (777 Views)

Community Manager

@TheDarkCenturion 

Do you have Microsoft Game Pass on your PC?

Do you have game mode disabled?

Blueberry.png
Message 29 of 51 (765 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Not sure what the game pass is, there's the game bar though - how do i go about disabling it?

Message 30 of 51 (762 Views)