Re: CTD on Startup

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Star Wars Battlefront II works perfectly, thankfully. Hopefully DICE sorts their s*** out with Battlefield V as they did with Battlefront II. Shame I'm missing out on goodies as part of the ToW that EA no doubt completely expect me to buy to catch up on

Message 11 of 51 (835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This wouldn't happen to any other game, especially any other AAA title - this is the kind of thing you only expect when you install a bad mod for some singleplayer game, this is truly disgusting -  that i seem to be expected to just sit here with a broken game that cost so damn much, all the while in my absense the ToW rewards are passing by. Shame on you, DICE. Gone way down hill, even since Battlefield 1.

Message 12 of 51 (784 Views)

★★★ Novice
@TheDarkCenturion What help me was the deinstallation of the Nahimic Audio App. After that, BF starts perfectly
Message 13 of 51 (770 Views)

Community Manager

@CommanderTom75 wrote:
@TheDarkCenturion What help me was the deinstallation of the Nahimic Audio App. After that, BF starts perfectly

@CommanderTom75 

I've been troubleshooting some audio issues in Apex Legends with some players that have Nahimic as well, thanks for bringing that up!

@TheDarkCenturion 

Since today's update, does the game feel more stable for you?

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 51 (732 Views)

★★★ Novice

Your welcome!

If that help, i can give you a little bit more details on that.

Mainboard:

X470 GAMING M7 AC withRealtek® ALC1220 Codec

After i installed the latest Realtek driver from the MSI Homepage the problem started:

Realtek HD Universal Driver
Version
Release Date
2019-07-01

Then it was reproducable, if i uninstalled Nahimic BF5 started perfectly. Then install it again in the Windows App store - BF5 crashes at start.

After the problem was fixed i played with the patch (26.July.2019) around one hour. Had one crash in the game.
Picture freeze, than framerate indicator of the monitor drop to 6-11 Frames and after that CTD.
Played together with my friend he had the same problem. Not at the same time, but with the same sympthons. He has Intel Platfrom, me AMD Platfrom. Both Nvidia GPU

Message 15 of 51 (720 Views)

Community Manager

@CommanderTom75 wrote:

Your welcome!

If that help, i can give you a little bit more details on that.

Mainboard:

X470 GAMING M7 AC withRealtek® ALC1220 Codec

After i installed the latest Realtek driver from the MSI Homepage the problem started:

Realtek HD Universal Driver
Version
Release Date
2019-07-01

Then it was reproducable, if i uninstalled Nahimic BF5 started perfectly. Then install it again in the Windows App store - BF5 crashes at start.

After the problem was fixed i played with the patch (26.July.2019) around one hour. Had one crash in the game.
Picture freeze, than framerate indicator of the monitor drop to 6-11 Frames and after that CTD.
Played together with my friend he had the same problem. Not at the same time, but with the same sympthons. He has Intel Platfrom, me AMD Platfrom. Both Nvidia GPU

@CommanderTom75 

I'm going to mark this post as solved for visibility reasons since that's really great info to be aware of and not a usual fix for many. This way it can show up under the approved solutions/answers box at the top and in the search results.

We really appreciate the help!

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 51 (700 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've not even heard of this, much less got it installed.

@EA_Blueberry 

I'd uninstalled a few days ago to give a little temporary space to try a few unrelated things, I'll reinstall overnight and give it another shot tomorrow and update

Message 17 of 51 (656 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

no change unfortunutely

Message 18 of 51 (639 Views)

Community Manager

@TheDarkCenturion 

Can you upload a fresh DxDiag for us real quick?

Others experiencing CTD for Star Wars Battlefront II were able to get around it by right-clicking on the game in Origin and selecting Play. Can you try that? Curious to see if that helps.

Blueberry.png
Message 19 of 51 (629 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

that's an interesting way around it, but no luck here @EA_Blueberry 

fresh dxdiag attached

Message 20 of 51 (596 Views)