AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Initial Startup
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 27.06.19 21:00~
Summarize your bug CTD during game startup
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown
What happens when the bug occurs? Start game from origin, .exe or shortcut. windowed game opens in top left corner. The loading circle spins until the white covers the whole bottom half of the loading logo, and the application ends with no error message.
What should be happening instead? The game opens, again windowed in the top left corner, and after a few seconds enters full screen and loads onto the main menu

Yesterday I was playing the new Tides of War missions, I quit a server to join another. Though i was distracted and got carried away clicking back until i accidentally quit the game. Either that or while i was distracted by my phone, the game CTD? Anyway, when i double click Battlefield on origin to continue playing, instead of opening windowed in the top left corner, then a few seconds later entering full screen and loading onto the main menu as it usually would, the game instead opens into windowed, but rather than continuing to load, the white circle of the loading logo goes so far as to cover the whole bottom half of the logo and then the application ends without any error message at all.

I've been playing with no issue on this machine for just under six months now so I'm not sure why it would decide to cause issues now.

Over the past 24 hours I've reinstalled battlefield, reinstalled origin, repaired battlefield, edited fullscreen options and dx12 options in the profile settings within documents, ran both origin and battlefield as administrator, cleared the origin cache, reinstalled graphics drivers, and the PC has been rebooted and turned off multiple times since the issue started.

Message 1 of 51 (1,959 Views)

Re: CTD on Startup

Hero (Retired)

Hey @TheDarkCenturion

Thanks for all the information you've provided, looks like you've tried a lot of stuff to resolve this.

Have you also tried a Clean Boot?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Also, I would recommend turning off the Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher if you haven't done so already.

Have you also tried making a new temporary Windows User Account and launching the game under that Account?

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I've just ran through these 3 suggestions, unfortunutely they've made no difference :/

Message 3 of 51 (1,890 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's a real shame that this week will be the first time I miss a ToW reward and it's not even anything that can be helped, apparently. I guess the game is just dead for me :/ shame, given how much i shelled out for it. Even tweeted DICE and i haven't heard a single thing.

Message 4 of 51 (1,842 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Lovely, todays update somehow made it worse - the crash occurs earlier into the load cycle, now we don't even get to the bottom half of the logo spin

Message 5 of 51 (1,826 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have the same problem

Message 6 of 51 (1,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here

Message 7 of 51 (1,770 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

another Nvidia update, and still nothing changes - just reaffirming my thoughts that I've looked like a right clown defending DICE this past 2/3rds of a year. 

Message 8 of 51 (1,705 Views)

★★ Pro
@TheDarkCenturion Have you tried installing an older version of the Nvidia drivers or manually underclocking your GPU with something like MSI Afterburner? These two thing are the only issues that did ever lead to a BF title crashing for me.
Message 9 of 51 (1,693 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

back dating the driver seems to have made it worse, the window now stays black for a good while before beginning to load. underclocking, heck even overclocking hasn't made a difference either

Message 10 of 51 (1,676 Views)