Re: CPU on 95-99% usage while playing

by GarransGaming

Original Post

CPU on 95-99% usage while playing

★★★ Novice

The game ran great in Beta and shortly after release but now I'm just getting constant stuttering, I've been told a few fixes but unfortunately nothing has worked so far. Here's hoping someone else has a potential fix, 3 weeks of struggling to play is kinda ruining my enthusiasm.

i7-6700k

GTX 970

16gb DDR4

Z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard

Any other info needed let me know, I'm not very tech savvy.

Message 1 of 4 (361 Views)

Hero

yeah, you shouldn't be running that high with that rig.

Consistently at 90% or spikes briefly?

When you say "struggling to play", what do you mean?  It lags?

What utility did you use to ensure you don't have other apps taking up resources?  If you haven't done so, you might consider running a benchmark utility (e.g. PC User Benchmark) to see how your system is running regardless of BF2 code.

You verified you have latest drivers for all system resources - BIOS, chipset, graphics, etc?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 4 (322 Views)

★★★ Novice
It was constant micro freezes, especially nasty ones in fire fights and the frame rate felt pretty bad. Everything is also up to date on my rig. I MAY have found a potential fix (its working for me at the moment) that is causing my game to run smooth and CPU is now sitting around 30% while ingame.

Went to Nvidia Control Panel - 3D Settings/Manage 3D settings - Program Settings/Battlefront 2 and then changed the Maximum pre-rendered frames option to use global setting (Use the 3D application setting)

That option was the default but as I messed around with 1-4 now my game runs better, doubt its a permanent fix but is working great for me now. Was a long 3 weeks :P
Message 3 of 4 (302 Views)

Hero
Good detail there.

Hopefully, that works out and others can benefit from your troubleshooting.
If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 4 of 4 (290 Views)