Re: CPU load 95 - 100%

by x_Ak1504_x

Original Post

CPU load 95 - 100%

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Will you do something about it? Can at least notify people? Many have such problems. so buy games from EA sports. How much does DLC with optimization cost?

Message 1 of 31 (59,306 Views)

CPU Usage insane high in NFS Heat

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have big issues getting good fps in NFS Heat because of the insane high CPU usage. System requirements says a Core i7-4790 is recommended which i have but the game uses up to 90% CPU sometimes so i´m stuck at 40fps. Changing graphic settings does nothing at all. So what is going on ? Is EA mining Bitcoins when running Heat ? :D Pls fix asap Standard smile

Btw: I checked the CPU usage in NFS 2015 and Payback booth games only use around 45% CPU for me. I also have no issues running other games that use the Frostbite engine.

The screenshot is with activated vsync. If i turn it off i get 95-100% Cpu usage.

Screenshot_156.jpg

Message 2 of 31 (59,182 Views)

★ Apprentice

Might be the "The Windows 10 KB4512941 update that was released few days ago gave some serious trouble to gamers all over the world. From high CPU usage to constant stuttering while playing games or running heavy applications" microsoft has put out a hotfix for it.

https://frondtech.com/need-for-speed-heat-nfs-lag-fix-fps-drops-crashing-and-stuttering/

Message 3 of 31 (59,180 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@thepepsiman As i said this issue only happens in Heat... Every other game runs as always for me.
Message 4 of 31 (59,167 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well the windows hotfix helped me in this game, so you might want to try it...

Message 5 of 31 (59,140 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@thepepsimanThis hotfix is installed on my system since August 27th 2019... My system is always up to date Standard smile

Screenshot_6.jpg

Message 6 of 31 (59,129 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

A user gave me the link to this performance test: https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/need-for-speed-heat-pc-performance-analysis/

They had also very high CPU loads and because of that low fps. As you can read in their "Update" a user explained the issue and recommended to create a user.cfg to limit the used cores ect and it worked for them. I have not tried it yet but feel free to test it and report back please. Sounds like a workaround until Ghost fixes the issue.

"UPDATE:

It appears that the default online profile was the cause of our underwhelming CPU performance. By creating a user.cfg and limiting our CPU Processor Count, we were able to properly run the game (even without Hyper Threading). Kudos to our reader “connos” for providing the following solution.

You can limit your CPU processor count by creating a user.cfg file in the game’s main folder and using these commands. The config below is for quad-cores with Hyper Threading (4 cores, 8 threads). You can change these values to your liking:

Thread.ProcessorCount 4
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
Thread.JobThreadPriority 0
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8"

Message 7 of 31 (59,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok i tested this and it works wonder as described in the dsogaming test.

I use 1080p, max settings with vsync in borderless window mode.

Without "Fix":

Screenshot_156.jpg

With "Fix":

Screenshot_159b.jpg

Message 8 of 31 (58,992 Views)

★ Apprentice
@x_Ak1504_x my cpu usage is now also better after this tweak it is around 60% but it doesn't affect my fps at all. no matter if I upscale to 200% or choose ultra.. its bouncing between 22 and 30 fps. disgusting.
Message 9 of 31 (58,947 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DJBassNrg10 You sure you have the correct values for your cpu in the cfg file ? I doubled my fps from 45 to 90... Without fix i got 45fps regardless what graphic setting... I even tried low @ 720p lol ^^
Message 10 of 31 (58,939 Views)