CPU doesn't have POPCNT

★★ Novice

CPU doesn't have POPCNT

hello I have 

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465

4 Gb ram 

why are you guys so mean i can play fortnite and warframe and pubg and R.O.E but why not your game please help sort this so we can play also please 

Message 1 of 15 (10,690 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CPU doesn't have POPCNT

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @addamsfamily2  and welcome to Answers HQ

Your CPU is below the minimum system requirements for Apex Legends and therefore wont be able to run the game.

Minimum system requirements:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-6300 3.8GHz / AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • RAM: 6GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 / Radeon HD 7700
  • GPU RAM: 1 GB
  • HARD DRIVE: Minimum 30 GB of free space

There's sadly nothing we can do except press the "me too" button on threads in here.

POPCNT is a part of the SSE4 CPU instructions as can be seen here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE4

In short the game uses "newer" technology to be more effective and while that technology was introduced over 10 years ago people still have older computers that wont be able to play.

As can be seen here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/aop521/quick_update_before_the_weekend/ CPUs will also need SSE3 support.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (10,645 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @addamsfamily2  and welcome to Answers HQ

Your CPU is below the minimum system requirements for Apex Legends and therefore wont be able to run the game.

Minimum system requirements:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-6300 3.8GHz / AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • RAM: 6GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 / Radeon HD 7700
  • GPU RAM: 1 GB
  • HARD DRIVE: Minimum 30 GB of free space

There's sadly nothing we can do except press the "me too" button on threads in here.

POPCNT is a part of the SSE4 CPU instructions as can be seen here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE4

In short the game uses "newer" technology to be more effective and while that technology was introduced over 10 years ago people still have older computers that wont be able to play.

As can be seen here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/aop521/quick_update_before_the_weekend/ CPUs will also need SSE3 support.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 15 (10,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is it possible to play it with intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad Q9400 @2.66Hz 2.67GHz ? or no cuz i think this cpu is much better than core i 3

and thx

Message 3 of 15 (10,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hi.no its not.my system is like you.and i cant.it says cpu doesnt have popcnt
Message 4 of 15 (10,434 Views)

★ Novice

ı have xeon x5450 rx460 2gb gpu and 8 gb ram and i take it to Frown

Message 5 of 15 (10,385 Views)

★ Apprentice

Plenty of other games are able to run on lower end pcs.. Sad you just decided to shut the game off on people instead of letting people deal with crappy fps or less crashy issues.. I knew I was right when I should've been skeptical about a free EA game..

Message 6 of 15 (10,380 Views)

How to solve CPU does not have POPCNT

★★★ Apprentice
How to solve CPU does not have POPCNT I CPU E5440 E5450 L5420
Message 7 of 15 (10,293 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Fk you if i have a core 2 quad q9400 gtx 750 . If can play bf1 pubg r.o.e cod six seige warframe, fortnight, and nfs payback if they all can adford to support popcnt why the hell you cant do it i can play all this game with 30 fps smoothly why wjy cany to support popcnt if they can too they are so new games 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😡

Message 8 of 15 (10,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@wahhajsheikh, If you can read this message, it's not yet banned... EA doesn't want to spend money to support potato cpus and gpus. This means they won't support this cpus. I found this * out after an hour of downloading, so I'm pretty pissed too.
Message 9 of 15 (9,173 Views)

Add support for CPUs that can't run POPCNT instructions

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I know those CPUs are old, but my rig can run very heavy games with ease and I use a Core 2 Quad. Is there a chance that you'll patch out the requirement for POPCNT instructions or are those instructions VITAL for the game to run? If thats the case... why? 

Message 10 of 15 (8,462 Views)