Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8gig
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Frontlines
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug I'm getting a lot of CPU spikes whenever there's explosions or a lot of action going on. I only drop a few frames but they're typically at the most crucial times right before I get a kill or die. (Extremely frustrating).
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Replicate my system
What happens when the bug occurs? Frames freeze for a second whenever an explosion occurs.
What should be happening instead? Smooth gameplay

I'm getting a lot of CPU spikes whenever there's explosions or a lot of action going on. I only drop a few frames but they're typically at the most crucial times right before I get a kill or die. (Extremely frustrating).

I'm running 8 gigs of ram, i7-6700, nvidia 1060, 250gig SSD, etc. I don't have any quality issues or CPU spikes with any other game. I tried researching and I see this happens to quite a few people. I've tried turning off dx12 and tried toggling FFR on/off with no difference. I uninstalled and reinstalled my video drivers and I have the latest windows update. Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 3 (420 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CPU Spikes

★ Novice

Appreciate the response. I bought additional RAM, went from 8 to 16 and that solved the problem. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (339 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hey, @Re1gnnLL  make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 3 (348 Views)

★ Novice

Appreciate the response. I bought additional RAM, went from 8 to 16 and that solved the problem. 

Message 3 of 3 (340 Views)