Original Post

Re: CONNECTION TIMED OUT STILL HAPPENING

★★★★ Novice

same here (ps4)    ):

Message 11 of 15 (189 Views)

Community Manager

@Cizjut 

Can you try a clean boot for me real quick to see if it could be a program running in the background causing the timeout?
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Once your PC loads up immediately right-click on Apex Legends from your desktop and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility." Then right-click on the the shortcut and run it as administrator. 

Let us know if that helps.

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 15 (161 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here Xbox one x user name:VIOLENT TEXAN4. Please help

Message 13 of 15 (146 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry
I did the clean boot as instructed and ran the TSComp.

First off the only two apps on boot were Avira Antivirus (i know i gotta buy some decent one) and Windows Defender. Next I ran the troubleshoot and it set AL as Win8 compatibility. Tested 3 matches running it this way, and didn't lost connection this time, BUT the message did appear when the match ended and I exit to the lobby, right before my EXP and endgame stat screen.

I will mention though that before your post I had some stable matches, so the issue could come and go, as it may be still rleated to the high client demand, and maybe this isn't peak time. Dallas server is my best ping, average 45-65ms. So, I don't know if there's something here as a solution or it's just a placebo. What else would you need?
Message 14 of 15 (144 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I would also mention that I suspect it MIGHT be related to the "two people on the same LAN can't play together" issue, but really don't know if that's possible:

My IP is dynamic. My ISP rotates the same IPs through several people around here it seems. I got an IP ban on a site for stuff I didn't do and dissapears as the next IP is assigned to me. Sometimes that IP comes back to me and get banned again. Also got range bans from the same site. I think my ISP treats all clients as a single big * LAN first, and if there's anyone trying to play AL right now, it's gonna crash someone else. As I said, seems far fetched and maybe I'm talking stuff I don't know about, but just wanted to have it out there. 

Message 15 of 15 (141 Views)