Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] - Lags since In the Name of the Tsar Update

★★★ Novice

- Platform: PC

- Server Region: Europe

- ISP: Orange

- Game mode: Operations, Conquest, Domination, Rush, 

- Map: All In the Name of the Tsar maps

- Average Ping: before patch: 50-60, after patch: 80-200 and very weird packet loss changes

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen Packet loss, High latency, Server performance

- I am experiencing lag Yes

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed Yes

- Extra Info: I have this problem since In the Name of the Tsar update

Message 211 of 265 (2,220 Views)

Dot.: [INFO REQUEST] - Lags since In the Name of the Tsar Update

★★★ Novice

- Platform (PC): 

- Server Region: Europe

- ISP: UPC

- Game mode: Conquest 

- Map: All from Expansion In the Name of Tsar

- Average Ping: Before about 30-50, now 30-740 -> that's the highest I have seen

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): High Latency, Low FPS

- I am experiencing lag (Yes / No): YES

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed (Yes / No): YES

- Extra Inf

Message 212 of 265 (2,186 Views)

★ Novice

- Platform: PC

- Server Region: Europe

- ISP: Bahnof 100 mbit

- Game mode: Conquest and Operations 64 players

- Map: Everyone

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen: yellow server performance icon

Extra Info: UI-Lag, sometimes i dont have the lag but often.

Message 213 of 265 (2,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

- Platform PC

- Server Region: EU

- ISP: virgin

- Game mode: all

- Map: all, standard game

- Average Ping:

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen All the symbols show up apart from low fps and refresh rate. In both arning and severe state

- I am experiencing lag YES

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed Yes

- Extra Info Everyone who replied in in-game chat when asked confirmed having similar issues at the same time. Often goes in pair with UI lag.

Message 214 of 265 (2,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

Hey guys,

just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you taking the time to provide your information. Although I don't have any ETA on the matter, there's ongoing investigations and tests to improve your gaming experience significantly so you can enjoy your #OnlyInBattlefield moments like you're used to.

EDIT: since the update was released today, I'll close this post - if you experience any similar issues, please use this thread.

Message 215 of 265 (9,833 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Just to add one piece of info: today DICE devs put up some test servers for over an hour, in relation to the whole matter of rubberbanding. While I am unable to say what exactly was tested (as I don't know myself), it seems that things are moving forward.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 216 of 265 (2,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I was yesterday on test server to help for testing with the DICE team - after joining has trouble  but to the end it was smoother - I thing they are on the way 

Message 217 of 265 (2,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

- Platform (PC ): 

- Server Region: North America, Europe

- ISP

- Game mode: Conquest, and Frontlines

- Map: All

- Average Ping:16-22 US EC, 89-110 US WC and Europe

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): None

- I am experiencing lag (Yes): On Sinai Conquest I was flying a plane that kept stuttering almost as if it was about to rubber band, just to give you an idea of how bad it was.  

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed (Yes):

- Extra Info: Also noticed that the in-game tracking of the Virgo Dog Tag accomplishment and the Service Assignments are not keeping track real rime or in some cases not at all. I still got credit for accomplishments in Service Assignments in Battelog though, but nothing recorded my 4 separate attempts at the Zodiac DT Virgo.  Completed on Wed. 6 Sept., Thurs. 7 Sept., and again twice on Sun. 10 Sept.  Below shows pic of Community Mission tracker.  Still have not received it nor a response from any EA personnel about this.  Bummer.  Please Help.  Thanks.

Message 218 of 265 (1,678 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried playing today. Issue persists, every single game I joined was lagging and my ping was flactuating between 55-85.

Game was never this bad since the release.

Hope a fix is on the way because it is unplayable at the moment.

Message 219 of 265 (1,874 Views)

★★ Novice

- Platform (PC / PS4 / XOne): PC

- Server Region: North America

- ISP

- Game mode: All

- Map: All

- Average Ping: 2000

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): 

- I am experiencing lag (Yes / No): Yes, unplayable

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed (Yes / No): No

- Extra Info: I just bought the game and I couldn't play it because the ping

I've been searching all over but I couldn't find anything

Message 220 of 265 (1,861 Views)