Re: [INFO REQUEST] - Lags since In the Name of the Tsar Update

by Heiser4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CLOSED] - Lags since In the Name of the Tsar Update

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

Hey everyone,

there are a few players reporting that they are experiencing lags since the recent update.

To help us providing you the best experience, you could help us investigate that issue further by providing some data. Just copy the below template, hit reply and fill in the blanks:

- Platform (PC / PS4 / XOne): 

- Server Region

- Country

- ISP

- Game mode

- Map

- Average Ping:

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): 

- I am experiencing lag (Yes / No):

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed (Yes / No):

- Extra Info

Here's an overview of the symbols that can appear on your screen - please provide the name in the highlighted row and either "Warning" or "Severe". (i.e. "Latency Variation - Severe")

server symbols.png

Thank you for helping us by submitting this info and your patience while we're investigating!

The teams at EA and DICE

Message 1 of 265 (13,044 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

Hey guys,

just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you taking the time to provide your information. Although I don't have any ETA on the matter, there's ongoing investigations and tests to improve your gaming experience significantly so you can enjoy your #OnlyInBattlefield moments like you're used to.

EDIT: since the update was released today, I'll close this post - if you experience any similar issues, please use this thread.

View in thread

Message 215 of 265 (9,916 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

- Platform (PC / PS4 / XOne): PC

- Server Region: EU 

- ISP: NOS

- Game mode: Conquest

- Map: All from In the name of the Tsar

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): Variation Latency (Warning) (always), server performance (Warning) (sometimes) 

Message 2 of 265 (12,937 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I'll give it a shot too:

- Platform: PC

- Server Region: Europe

- ISP: Orange

- Map: Galicia, Volga, Albion

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen: Occasionally yellow server performance icon

Extra Info: Everyone who replied in in-game chat when asked confirmed having similar issues at the same time. Often goes in pair with UI lag.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 3 of 265 (12,895 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
I can't even get BF1 to load after opening screen xbox1
Message 4 of 265 (12,859 Views)

Champion
Im experiencing lag and sound crashes month ago... I started playing bf1 with 41-48 ping, with every update more ping on EU servers. Now i have 96 ping on EU servers. I have 300mbps and ps4 connected with a rj45 cat7

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 265 (12,850 Views)

★ Apprentice

- Platform: PC

- ISP: Deutsche Telekom

- Game mode: Tested Conquest, Rush and Supply Drop so far. Present at all of those.

- Map: All In the Name of the Tsar maps

- Average Ping: 15

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen: Server performance (usually warning, sometimes severe), Packet Loss (warning), Latency Variation (both warning and severe)

- I am experiencing lag: Yes

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed: Yes, sometimes a kill notification shows up 3-4 seconds later

- Extra Info: Used to have problems with Battlefield lagging when my roomate was downloading, fixed couple of months ago by forwarding ports and limiting both connections.

Message 6 of 265 (12,824 Views)

Hero (Retired)

- Platform (PC / PS4 / XOne): PC

- ISP: Rostelecom

- Game mode: Canquest

- Map: Amiens

- Average Ping: ~80

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): Server Performance- Warning

- I am experiencing lag (Yes / No): Latest game with new maps was without lags. (Rush, 24 players)

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed (Yes / No): Yes, especially kill log.

- Extra Info: I think some servers or maps are experiencing overloading especially with 64 players.

Message 7 of 265 (12,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

- Platform: PC
- Server Region: Europe
- ISP: Sonera Telia
- Game mode: Conquest
- Map: Amiens, Giant's Shadow, Ballroom Blitz, actually every map I've played
- Average Ping: 30-50ms (30ms being the norm for me, and 50ms being at the high end)
- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): Server performance

- I am experiencing lag (Yes / No): YES

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed (Yes / No): YES

- Extra Info: This lagging started already with the "Lupkow Pass Update", but has gotten worse since.

In addition to kill detection, and death notifications being delayed, moving is also impaired.
The character is hard to navigate around. Kind of trying to guide your drunk friend out of the bar.
Sometimes you can't even navigate out of the doorway without hitting the door frames couple of times.

Here are some details for times, and servers when lagging was happening.
All of these rounds followed the pattern where the round starts ok without lag, but at some point lagging starts, and seems to get worse over time
Yesterday (2017-09-06) every match I played was suffering from the lag. And as you can see, there are 3 different servers, and 3 different maps played.

Lagging was not limited only to me, but a lot of other players were complaining about it on the in-game chat as well.

- Server: [DICE] Official - CQ - Europe - #405037
- Round ended about 17:05 UTC time (2017-09-06)
- Map: Amiens

----------

- Server: [DICE] Official - CQ - Europe - #405053
- Round ended 17:59 UTC time (2017-09-06)
- Map: Amiens

----------

- Server: [DICE] Official - CQ - Europe - #405053
- Round ended 18:30 UTC time (2017-09-06)
- Map: Ballroom Blitz

----------

- Server: [DICE] Official - CQ - Europe - #405061
- Left the game because of lag: 19:14 UTC time (2017-09-06)
- Map: Giant's Shadow

Message 8 of 265 (12,818 Views)

★★★ Novice

- Platform (PC / PS4 / XOne):  PC

- ISP: Multimedia Polska

- Map: All maps I tried.

- Average Ping: 60-80

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen

Server Performance icon, usually yellow sometimes red.

Yellow Packet Loss and Latency Variation icons.

- I am experiencing lag (Yes / No):

Yes

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed (Yes / No):

Yes

- Extra Info

Problems occured only after latest patch release.

Message 9 of 265 (12,786 Views)

★★ Apprentice

- Platform PC

- Server Region: EU

- ISP: 2 x Vodafone Business Internet/ 1 x Other Telco Business Internet

- Game mode: Operations/ Conquest

- Map: All Maps, but new Name of the Tsar maps are much worse, especially around choke points as shown in Examples 1-2

- Average Ping: 20-25

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): Server Performance Warning Indicator appears sometimes during lag, not always, even when server tick is very high as shown in Examples 3-4.

- I am experiencing lag (Yes / No): Yes

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed (Yes / No): Yes

- Extra Info

Example videos/ After Name of the Tsar Update

Example 1: https://youtu.be/f1K7PNTksMk
Example 2: https://youtu.be/RLMf0BVJ9i0

Example 3: https://youtu.be/aO3jjqB7-UA  Server #394368- 06/09/2017

Example 4: https://youtu.be/9XHB7htMMaY  Server #394368- 06/09/2017

Example videos/ Before Name of the Tsar Update

Example 1: Server #329599 (TSNP) 25/08/2017 21:40 (BST) https://youtu.be/vSrJ3DBi-Zo

Example 2: Server #351831 27/08/2017 22:06 (BST) https://youtu.be/yd8vpgCr3AA

Example 3: Server #355771 28/08/2017 20:24 (BST) https://youtu.be/oa79oTI5hwU

The bug for this was logged on the 29th of August under this link: https://www.bftracker.com/view.php?id=4395

Message 10 of 265 (12,787 Views)