CANNOT start the game [PC Origin]

by PlayerIxIOne

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CANNOT start the game [PC Origin]

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I cannot start the game from Origin after the update. click the "play" button, nothing happened. 

My windows 10 has been updated to the newest patch.

Message 1 of 9 (712 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CANNOT start the game [PC Origin]

★★ Novice

Hi,

So this what I did, which solved my problem.

1. force the game to use my GTX1070 card;

2. delete everything under the game folder "D:\Need For Speed\_Installer\directx\redist";

3. repair the game within Origin;

4. start Origin with administrator mode.

5. cancel the "use cloud save" option;

6. start the game, if it asks to upload save, choose yes.

Hope this can be helpful to you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (626 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Same here. the exe shows up on Task manager for a brief moment, when reaching around 25% cpu, it closes and just disappear. I can play normally yesterday before the patch. 
Already tried install and uninstall the game and the origin itself, still nothing.

Message 2 of 9 (679 Views)

Community Manager

@RownAerith @PlayerIxIOne 

First, try a clean boot, running Origin as an Admin. (via right click) and temporarily disable your antivirus/malware software.

Clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 or http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Your machine may be defaulting to the video processing on your CPU rather than your GPU.

Make sure your display is connected to your video card and not your motherboard and then follow these steps if you have an NVIDIA GPU:

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need For Speed Heat\NeedForSpeedHeat.exe
  6. Select NeedForSpeedHeat.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know if you are good to go. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 9 (657 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello sir.

1. Already did try the clean boot, same thing happen. appears on task manager for 10-20 seconds then disappear. Already disabled any antivirus and firewall. It was fine yesterday.
2. My iGpu is disabled since the very first time I install this cpu which is 6months ago. And I was also playing RDR 2 about 30 minutes ago with no issue.

do you have any other solution sir?

Message 4 of 9 (646 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

So this what I did, which solved my problem.

1. force the game to use my GTX1070 card;

2. delete everything under the game folder "D:\Need For Speed\_Installer\directx\redist";

3. repair the game within Origin;

4. start Origin with administrator mode.

5. cancel the "use cloud save" option;

6. start the game, if it asks to upload save, choose yes.

Hope this can be helpful to you.

Message 5 of 9 (627 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Barry Thanks for the reply. My setting already assigned the game to my graphic card. However, I deleted contents in the directs\redist folder, repaired the game, started Origin with administrator, and it solves the problem. But I do not know exactly why this happened.
Message 6 of 9 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I followed the steps @PlayerIxIOne and @EA_Barry  listed and neither one worked for me. Same behavior. NFS Heat executable pops up for ~10 seconds or less in the task manager, then quietly disappears. No errors thrown, nothing shows up in the Event Log .. just kicks me right back to Origin.

Doesn't matter if I run as administrator or not. Doesn't matter if I do a clean boot. I've tried reinstalling Origin, I've tried reinstalling Heat itself. Nothing seems to fix the problem. And I am experiencing this on both my laptop and my desktop, both of which have been able to play this game flawlessly before yesterday.

Message 7 of 9 (601 Views)

★★ Novice

maybe try to disable the firewall? (e.g. windows security on win10) 

Message 8 of 9 (590 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@errvox Same
Message 9 of 9 (551 Views)