CANNOT FIND OPPONENTS

by beastlygamer001

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CANNOT FIND OPPONENTS

★★★ Newbie
I cannot find any opponents on NHL 18. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now and this needs to be fixed. I paid good money for this game I should be able to play.
Message 1 of 6 (1,761 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CANNOT FIND OPPONENTS

★★★★★ Apprentice

Check the iPV setting on your router. You want it on iPV4 or iPV4 and iPV6. Not just iPV6. That will cause this to happen. Also, check your NAT settings. You can find what yours is set to by looking at the network settings on your console. You want it either Open or Moderate if on Xbox One, Type 1 or 2 if you're on PS4.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,094 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Check the iPV setting on your router. You want it on iPV4 or iPV4 and iPV6. Not just iPV6. That will cause this to happen. Also, check your NAT settings. You can find what yours is set to by looking at the network settings on your console. You want it either Open or Moderate if on Xbox One, Type 1 or 2 if you're on PS4.

Message 2 of 6 (2,095 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same exact thing.  It takes about 10 minutes to get an opponent.  Last year was like 30 seconds max.  NHL 18 is broken and that could explain why no ones are playing and can't find opponents.  It's not a router issue.  It's all good with any other games.  Just takes forever to find somone.  I am on Fiber 1GBIT, router is NAT MODE 2.  All good.  NHL 17 plays find and all other 20 games I own. 

Not a good year for sure for EA and no Nintendo Switch version or PC.  Not a good year...

Message 3 of 6 (1,659 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Solution was the revert to NHl 17 and sell NHL 18 to someone else.  NHl 17 works great to find oppenents and the gameplay is faster,  NHL 18 is broken , it's slow, takes 5-10 minutes to find oppenents online.  

Just reverted to NHl17 and happy again!

Message 4 of 6 (1,634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This isn't working for me, I have all the settings done as you have listed.

Message 5 of 6 (1,562 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's not you, the game is * this year, so no one is playing.  Go back to NHL 17, still take less than 20 seconds to find an opponent and the game is way faster.  NHL18 was soooo slow, It's for slow brain and the control were all broken,  

Solution is to go back to NHL 17 hoping next year they get back on thre right track.

Message 6 of 6 (1,554 Views)