Re: C&C side menu with build options not visible

by GReeNDeMoN1991

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Same here :/ tried re-installing and restarting PC, game itself runs fine but as stated not great as i can't choose faction or colour or change any menu options easily 

Message 11 of 62 (1,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@GENERALZOOLThank you for your detailed post. I tried your suggestions except re-installing, which I'm doing right now. I also think it fails to load some assets. When I did a integrity check with Steam it stated that two files were unable to check and needed to be downloaded again. Let's hope that a complete new download en install will fix it.

EDIT: Delete, download and install (Steam) won't fix anything. Issues remain.

Message 12 of 62 (1,416 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same exact issue, 2 files keep failing to validate re-install didn't helpheard a full system clean boot might fix but reluctant to try as i don't trust my back-ups to be retrievable 

Message 13 of 62 (1,365 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same problem here, no icon buttons, no sidebar, cant even switch sides & colour in skirmishes becouse this options is invisible.

Got steam version, validating game files says missing 2 filles, but i make 5x it and still 2files missing, dont know if that is causing problem, but reinstaling game on diffrent hdd dont solve this, my laptop is old but it mathes minimum req, game runs fine but missing sidebar and icon/buttons graphcs on all options in menus...

Message 14 of 62 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Novice

So according to someone who's game is running fine, the 2 files are unrelated to the problem as they have the same 2 files not validated

Message 15 of 62 (1,353 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi-

I am running on fresh install of Windows10, with 12GB RAM, SSD Hard Disk, and am getting the same issue. In addition to

1. Not being able to see the side bar

2. Not being able to control the properties in the Settings bar

3. I also have an issue with the pointer of the mouse being not aligned with the target -- in a sense I need to click about a cm to the right of the pointer if I want to select something the pointer is aligned with.

This is running on Steam, but am considering installing it on Origin to see if the issue is still there.

Please can some EA/C&C developers comment? Any potential solutions?

Thanks,

Message 16 of 62 (1,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Running on Origin, the same exact issue, brand new desktop HP with Win10, 16gb RAM and all that jazz.

It is CLEARLY A BUG, Electronic Arts, please reply with the expected date for fix?

Message 17 of 62 (1,287 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue

Message 18 of 62 (1,264 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I found that it has something to do witch display card, some people disable displaycard and use on board card   and it works fine, but play game witch way worse card its not good, and it is a BIG ISSUE, this BUG must be fixed

Message 19 of 62 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@nod18 

@ElitianNL 

@johnsmizz 

@ManBearPig0101 

@TakeMeBack1980 

Something I've noticed in common with all of the posts relating to Graphics problems such as this one, is that they all effect Steam and Windows 10.

These issues I believe may be linked to Steam somehow. This issue hasn't been effecting Origin Users from what I can tell minus one exception (if I'm wrong, please say so, as I'm only working with current observations).

Effected users have the following common factors:

Operating System: Windows 10

Using Steam Client

High-End Resolution (above 1080p)

This isn't effecting everyone, so I'd be interested in finding other common factors. It may be possible that this is effecting specific Steam Store Servers, so please inform me what Store Front you're using. The High-End Resolution may or may not be linked.

Potential solution if the Resolution has caused this:

Try running the game in lower than 1080p (Mine is set to 1600x900), it might be that Widescreen Mode isn't supported properly due to damaged, incompatible or missing files. If you're having issues setting this to a lower setting, try looking for the Config File and change it manually (Filetype is usually '.INI' or '.CFG' or '.Config' should be easy to find though).

Please Note: I'm not an expert, I work on observations only, my potential solution may have no effect.

Message 20 of 62 (1,168 Views)