Re: Buzzing sound in apex

by The_Tibber

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buzzing sound in apex

★★ Novice

This doesn't happen in any other games which sucks cause I really don't know if it's my driver or the game? So basically it usually happens after a few hours of playing, and weird part is that it goes across to other apps too! Everyone in discord sounds "buzzy" even after I close the game. I would try to watch a youtube video and same thing. Only fix for me now is to restart my computer if the buzzing thing happens... Like I said, it only happens after a few hours of playing Apex Legends... 

Message 1 of 5 (10,922 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@MiloMello 

As a good starting point I'd make sure your devices have the latest drivers. Does this buzzing sound happen when you play for a while without any programs like Discord running?

Updating drivers

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (10,901 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@MiloMello 

As a good starting point I'd make sure your devices have the latest drivers. Does this buzzing sound happen when you play for a while without any programs like Discord running?

Updating drivers

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (10,902 Views)

Champion

If you use a sound card or motherboard audio you can come across electrical noise.

A EM field that is generated by your GPU when under load.

I use to have a sound card in my PC but the electrical noise made it difficult to communicate.

To get around this i used a usb sound card away from the PC.

You can test this by recreating the buzzing then pass the audio through a usb audio device or usb headphones.

and see if you get the buzzing.

Message 3 of 5 (10,895 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you so much!! I thought my sounds driver was up to date but apparently not. Updated it and can confirm have not heard the buzzing ever since!
Message 4 of 5 (10,873 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I've been having this issue with certain pairs of headphones, unusually only on the left ear. I've tested a bunch of other sound outputs and none of them makes the same buzzing noise as apex does. All my drivers are up to date, so I'm not sure what is causing this.

Message 5 of 5 (3,581 Views)