[Bug] HELP! I updated to IOS 11.0.1-0.2 and now I can't play anymore (crash bug)

by Tobaticle

Original Post

Re: [Bug] HELP! I updated to IOS 11.0.1 and now I can't play anymore (crash bug)

★★★★ Novice
Offloadong the app is preventing now my data to be lost forever... anyway there’s still some bug that prevents the app from working with the new iOs.

This needs to be fixed by EA which should be at least say something like “we’re well aware of the issue and working on it”.

For iphone users you can double secure your game data even if not synced before, by doing an encrypted backup of your phone efore doing any reinstall/delete/further update.

Pray the sun
Message 11 of 24 (1,367 Views)

Re: [Bug] HELP! I updated to IOS 11.0.1 and now I can't play anymore (crash bug)

★★★★ Guide

Unfortunately after hours of looking at my issues, I contacted EA and I had to delete and reinstall the game.  If you have not linked your game you will lose any and all progress.  I was fortunate and had them linked after my sons ordeal when this first started.  I am now back up and playing by doing this.  I suggest contacting by phone if you have not linked!!!!

Message 12 of 24 (1,354 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Kermo3 wrote:

@Tobaticle wrote:

@Kermo3 wrote:

When my game crashed, I reinstalled it and it worked for me.

Still doesn't work for me after updating to IOS 11.0.2.

Uninstalling it and reinstalling it isn't 'fixing it" you're essentially losing your progress.

If your account is connected to Facebook or EA, then you dont loose your progress, it stays the same as before reinstalling. Without connection you will loose progress. I tested it and its working. I have iPhone with iOS and for test purposes I installed the game on Samsung  with Android and even then all my progress and my cards were restored, even the game platforms were different.

I am aware of this, but the reason I'm not accepting it as a solution is the fact that it doesn't provide any useful information for those who haven't linked there accounts to Facebook or EA.

Message 13 of 24 (1,344 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@kangurello wrote:
Offloadong the app is preventing now my data to be lost forever... anyway there’s still some bug that prevents the app from working with the new iOs.

This needs to be fixed by EA which should be at least say something like “we’re well aware of the issue and working on it”.

For iphone users you can double secure your game data even if not synced before, by doing an encrypted backup of your phone efore doing any reinstall/delete/further update.

Pray the sun

Yep, I agree 100% EA should really be more active on there bug forums, it seems like they haven't replied to questions on the PvZ forums for months.

Message 14 of 24 (1,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Tobaticle wrote:

@Kermo3 wrote:

@Tobaticle wrote:

@Kermo3 wrote:

When my game crashed, I reinstalled it and it worked for me.

Still doesn't work for me after updating to IOS 11.0.2.

Uninstalling it and reinstalling it isn't 'fixing it" you're essentially losing your progress.

If your account is connected to Facebook or EA, then you dont loose your progress, it stays the same as before reinstalling. Without connection you will loose progress. I tested it and its working. I have iPhone with iOS and for test purposes I installed the game on Samsung  with Android and even then all my progress and my cards were restored, even the game platforms were different.

I am aware of this, but the reason I'm not accepting it as a solution is the fact that it doesn't provide any useful information for those who haven't linked there accounts to Facebook or EA.

If your account is not connected, then I'm afraid there's nothing to do and you can't restore your progress, there is no solution..

Message 15 of 24 (1,323 Views)

Re: [Bug] HELP! I updated to IOS 11.0.1-0.2 and now I can't play anymore (crash

★★ Apprentice
Yeah. Mine crashed for a week when the Fraidy cat was the event prize. Then started working again in time for the Colossal update. And just last night crashed mid game and once again bombs out during the popcap screen.

I’m on an iPhone with the latest iOS update.

I don’t know if my game is registered with EA, how can I tell?
Message 16 of 24 (1,269 Views)

★★ Novice
I am having the same issue with ios 11.0.3 cant get past the welcome screen. I would hste to reinstall and start from scratch as i am sure I didn’t have my profile linked. Why is this not being fixed?
Message 17 of 24 (1,259 Views)

★ Pro

@shankylanks wrote:
Yeah. Mine crashed for a week when the Fraidy cat was the event prize. Then started working again in time for the Colossal update. And just last night crashed mid game and once again bombs out during the popcap screen.

I’m on an iPhone with the latest iOS update.

I don’t know if my game is registered with EA, how can I tell?

In PvZH home screen upper right corner you see gadget (Settings) icon, There click Settings tab, by default it's in Help & Support tab, then click My Account and there you will see your account info and you can connect with Facebook and/or EA. Without connection your progress is not saved.

Hope this helps Standard smile

Btw, now latest iOS is 11.0.3 (came out  in past days).

Message 18 of 24 (1,257 Views)

★★ Novice
You cant even get to the home screen ... it crashes before that also i am using the latest ios 11.0.3 still same issue
Message 19 of 24 (1,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I go to say that thanks to the prompt and impeccable technical help from EA, after almost a week I successfully recovered my account thus saving 2 years of progress and I am now back in.

For all of you out there having the very same problem here is the solution which saved me, step by step:

1 - do an immediate encrypted backup of your iphone (5SE in my case), this works better than any syncing to EA/Facebook. All your progress is now safe on your Mac/PC bulletproof ready to be reinstalled.

2 - email EA for support and get no reply.

3 - post on this forum and discover many other users having the same problem. Still, no one from EA posting anyone a reply.

4 - search (a lot) for a customer assistance number for Europe, call them and listen carefully to their explanations. You will learn very useful new things like how to turn off your mobile phone, restarting it and even how to close apps in background or check if your iphone is connected to the internet.

5 - go and buy an iphone 7 or better

6 - put your old iphone in airplane mode

7 - install your backup from step 1 on your new shiny iphone 7 (or better)

8 - enjoy PvZHeroes (in my opinion the best card game on mobile devices, sorry Hearthstone)

I hope this will help!

Ciao

Message 20 of 24 (1,185 Views)