Re: Broken Object noises

by rare_username101

Original Post

Broken Object noises

★★ Novice

What has been your solution to sounds you can’t locate in this hot/cold game of find the ‘crackle’. Contemplating removing every item of furniture, one at a time in order to isolate the sound. Any shortcuts to this irritating and frustrating mechanism. Thankyou. 

Message 1 of 8 (995 Views)

Turning the sound in game off Large smile

But seriously, broken items can't be stored, so moving a room in storage could work, but removes your entire house.

Other than that, just clicking until you find the one that is broken and repairing it. Crackle sounds like a broken electronic to me.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (971 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@rare_username101 In my opinion, it's part of the game (things do get broken IRL). What my sims do is they enter each room of the house (which is probably not a lot of rooms) &  once there is that "buzzing", that's usually where the broken thing is. Mostly, you'll see "insects/moths"  & brown dust flying on the broken item/object. Generally, there's really no need to remove items to pin point which is broken once you see those.

Message 3 of 8 (968 Views)

★★ Novice
@Phantomlover1717 Yeah that did come to mind and it’s definitely tempting, it would just be nice to find out what’s causing the sound only if that object is used a lot in tasks. I’ll probably end up muting it tbh if i can’t figure it out. Thanks!
Message 4 of 8 (956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@dissenterjasmine Sure, I just can’t find the broken  object, can’t see any flies as you normally do, I can hear the crackle though, it gets louder and quieter depending on how close/far away you are.

Message 5 of 8 (955 Views)

It might be hiding somewhere in a closet or even underneath something (that once was a bug). 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 8 (933 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@rare_username101  The best option would be turning the sound effects off on settings or muting your device volume. Actually, that's how I usually play (to minimize distracting people around me in public while playing). I only notice that an item is broken when my sims need to use it Thinking

Message 7 of 8 (913 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@rare_username101 Is the repaired broken item still making the broken sound effect, or is it that a broken item is only playing the sound effect, but not showing the visual effect of being broken?

The next time you encounter this, could you submit a bug report and mention the specific item/object it's happening to?

Message 8 of 8 (894 Views)