Broken Campaign Binoculars (A Reminder)

by Levi8699

Original Post

Re: Xbox 1 Battlefield 1 binoculars won’t come up

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I just downloaded the game and it took me forever to find the spark plugs cause I couldn’t use the binoculars. Stupid problem that could easily be fixed.

Message 11 of 34 (6,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It only works when I’m on the horse
If I’m on foot it won’t work
As soon as I get on the horse
It works
Message 12 of 34 (5,990 Views)

Broken Campaign Binoculars (A Reminder)

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug This is yet another listing for the binoculars issue. Whenever the player picks up an a weapon, the binoculars seemingly becomes an active item instead of a passive item and is forced out of inventory. it can be picked up, but it will be held by the player and will drop when changing weapons. This bug has been here a long time and is massively immersion breaking.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the through mud and blood, although it can happen in almost every level. Check the binos with rb, which should initially work. Go to the tower and get the sniper rife and you should find the binos completely gone from the inventory. It is actually floating head level where you picked up the weapon. It will teleport to the ground and after a small time will disappear completely.
What happens when the bug occurs? Mentioned Above
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Single Player Campaign
In what Single Player War Story did the bug occur? Through Mud and Blood
AMD or Nvidia Model Number N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB N/A

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug This is yet another listing for the binoculars issue. Whenever the player picks up an a weapon, the binoculars seemingly becomes an active item instead of a passive item and is forced out of inventory. it can be picked up, but it will be held by the player and will drop when changing weapons. This bug has been here a long time and is massively immersion breaking.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the through mud and blood, although it can happen in almost every level. Check the binos with rb, which should initially work. Go to the tower and get the sniper rife and you should find the binos completely gone from the inventory. It is actually floating head level where you picked up the weapon. It will teleport to the ground and after a small time will disappear completely.
What happens when the bug occurs? Mentioned above
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Single Player Campaign
In what Single Player War Story did the bug occur? Through Mud and Blood
AMD or Nvidia Model Number N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB N/A

Message 13 of 34 (3,808 Views)

Re: Broken Campaign Binoculars (A Reminder)

★ Novice

Binoculars still work while on a horse. 

Message 14 of 34 (3,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie
There is a fix but it is a hassle each time you use a weapon after you first pick up a new one it drops the binoculars. You then only have a certain number of seconds to pick the binoculars back up before they disappear permanently but then you must carry them everywhere you go for the rest of the mission, always dropping them again when you shoot or use items and then have to remember to pick it back up before it disappears again.
This seems to work for me. 🧐
Message 15 of 34 (5,394 Views)

In campain my binoculars drop

★★★ Newbie

In campain when I pick up another weapon than my starter weapon witch the game advises me to do, I lose my binoculars they just drop on the ground. If I pick them up I will hold them in my hand, but if I switch weapons they drop if I melee they do not drop but if I equip melee weapon they drop

Message 16 of 34 (3,748 Views)

Re: In campain my binoculars drop

Hero (Retired)

Hey @peroskar75

I found a Thread that might be helpful to you:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Xbox-1-Battlefield-1-binoculars-won-t-come-up/td-p/667369...

Take a look at what Travis mentioned, and let us know if that works for you.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

★★★★★ Newbie

So this is clearly an unfixed bug, missions even tells you to "hold Q to use binoculars", and holding Q does nothing, because you unintentionally have dropped them while picking up new weapon to replace one without ammo.

This kind of bugs should be fixed before release. Guess EA does not bug test their games at all or just release games with known bugs without any intention to fix them.

Glad i bought this from discount, and never going to buy any BF game anymore because this kind of bugs are not fixed.

I like to play SP campaigns mostly, and there are few missions where you are prompted to use binoculars to make things easier, but no you cannot use them if you want to use other weapons than those you get in the start of the game. Even if you run out of ammo, you cannot pick any other weapon or you lose your binoculars. What a crappy design.

Message 18 of 34 (4,921 Views)

Re: In campain my binoculars drop

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Problem still exists on PC. Binoculars drop once you open a crate and you can only pick them up a very short time, whereafter you cannot use a weapon unless you drop the binoculars again. This issue still exists after multiple years...

Message 19 of 34 (3,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@xxJoeP333xx Same here I’m having that issue aswell with every mission in campaign I’m up to the gallopili one
Message 20 of 34 (4,270 Views)