Breakthrough Servers not populating

by W4RD0G71

Original Post

Breakthrough Servers not populating

★★★★★ Apprentice

Breakthrough is my game mode of choice.  Yes, like everyone else I've had the same matchmaking error for ages, but tonight there seems to be a different issue. 

I can't find a server with anyone actually playing Breakthrough.  Normally it searches for up to 15 seconds for a server, but tonight, it's finding nothing aftrer two minutes, and then puts me into a server with only one or two people in them. 

Thing is, they aren't filling up the way they normally do; after waiting several minutes, there are only at most 4 people in the server.  Has this matchmaking problem just got a whole lot worse?

I asked in the Conquest server if anyone else was experiencing the same issue, and a lot of people came back 'Yes'

Message 1 of 5 (317 Views)

Re: Breakthrough Servers not populating

Community Manager
Hey @W4RD0G71,

Have you checked if Cross-Play is turned on for you? Maybe it has turned off itself?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 5 (299 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Leeuw Crossplay is on. I gave up trying last night. Every time I loaded into Breakthrough, or indeed Breakthrough Breakaway, I sat for ages, and a maximum of 4 people were in the server. So I tried Conquest, and did get into a match only to discover that half the team were AI's?!?! Felt like a Portal match, except I wasn't in Portal. Everybody that responded to my queries said they too were experiencing the same issues, but nobody seems to know why...
Message 3 of 5 (279 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_LeeuwIt seems that with the start of a new week, servers are now back to normal, with people actually joining the Breakthrough servers again.  A total mystery!!

Message 4 of 5 (245 Views)

Community Manager
@W4RD0G71, oh that is strange indeed, but thanks for the update! Glad that it is working again for you.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 5 of 5 (209 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help