Re: Brand new xbox wont load game

by Reynoraiders

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Brand new xbox wont load game

★★★★★ Newbie
We have a brand new xbox and are trying to load PvsZ GW2. It took 5 hours to load initialy but now won't get past the 'connecting to ea servers' and sunflower timer screen. We have turned off and on etc but can't get anywhere. Surely we are doing something wrong. At this money I can't believe games take this long to set up!? Have not even tried to download Forza as it looks like that will take 3 days to upload!!
Please help. 3 children and one dad getting very frustrated.
Message 1 of 5 (697 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Reynoraiders If Forza is going to take 3 days to download then this may point to issues with your connection. Do you have a good high-speed line? 

I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (884 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Reynoraiders If Forza is going to take 3 days to download then this may point to issues with your connection. Do you have a good high-speed line? 

I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (885 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
thank you. Our connection is clearly slow but eventually Forza did load. We also uninstalled and re-installed PvsZ's and it loaded fine in under a day Standard smile ALL well with the world!
Message 3 of 5 (669 Views)

Community Manager

@Reynoraiders Great to hear that it is working

There are a couple of things you can try in relation to improving your connection, using a cable from console to the router would make a world of difference as would turning off other devices connected when playing online. 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (664 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
that WAS hard wired!! I wired in all the cat6 points though so i'll start by looking at them lol
Message 5 of 5 (655 Views)