Bought Sub, Can't Login to Account

by AdderTood

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bought Sub, Can't Login to Account

★★★★ Novice

So earlier this week, I called in to have a payment refunded for Rise of the Hutt Cartel and opted to get a one-month sub instead so I can get everything for a much cheaper price. However, after I paid for my subscription, I can't access my account anymore. Resetting my password does nothing, and I can't get into the game anymore.

I could also barely understand the person that answered my call, as if she was mumbling into the speaker.

Message 1 of 7 (624 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bought Sub, Can't Login to Account

@AdderTood

You will need to call CS again  and get this cleared up.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (580 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@AdderTood

What error is it giving you when you try to login or reset your password?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 7 (617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When I put in my correct info on the website, the page resets with the flag "Please login to access your account information."

Logging in to the game gives me a flag that says "There is a problem with your account. Please check your email for instructions." No email was ever received, even checking the Spam folder.

Message 3 of 7 (597 Views)

Hero

@AdderTood

The error message "There is a problem with your account." means your account has been either suspended or banned for some reason.

It may be a simple fix.  You can call customer service via the numbers in this link here.

The wait timeay be long due to the issue with subscription and cartel coin purchases but it would be the fastest way.

Another option is to email SWTORAccountDisputes@bioware.com with your display name and that you were either banned or suspended in the subject line and the body of the email.

It goes to a separate team that can look into it though it may take up to 3 business days for a response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 4 of 7 (585 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have no idea why my account would be suspended or banned in the first place, since I have literally no idea how that happened. I'm not entirely willing to call them again, mostly because I prefer solving issues through messaging. Email correspondence was how Funcom resolved an issue with my Secret World account this week, and in a relatively quick manner, too.

Phone lines don't quite do it for me because it's difficult enough to hear people that mumble or talk too close to the speaker. I mean, it was difficult enough to hear exactly what the attendant was saying because she was both talking too closely to the speaker and half-mumbling. It's pretty dumb that this is all happening because of one simple phone call to get a refund for RotHC and buy a one-month sub instead.
Message 5 of 7 (569 Views)

Hero

@AdderTood

I don't know what caused it.  It could just an error as that happened to me once.  I would email the address provided in my last message.  I'm not sure how long it will take but it does go to a soexislispe group that deals with those requests

– Yoda

Message 6 of 7 (561 Views)

@AdderTood

You will need to call CS again  and get this cleared up.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 7 of 7 (581 Views)