Boot crash: Could not initialize sound

by ThePerfectAnswer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Boot crash: Could not initialize sound

★★★ Newbie

Hey as of recently apex has been crashing on the boot screen before it logs in. 

The error code is as follows

(45, 762) Couldn't initialize sound.

Please make sure you have a sound playback device that is enabled and properly configured. 

Failed in: MilesBankGetStatus

Miles output follows: 

Failed to load file: audio\ship\general_stream.mstr (00001004)

I have looked into the following solutions already: repairing the game with origin, clearing cashe data. 

If anyone knows a solution it would be much appreciated.  

Message 1 of 4 (419 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Boot crash: Could not initialize sound

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for replying the issue was origin and apex were loaded onto a different drives and the one with origin was corrupting. So now that they are on a functional drive the issue is fixed. Thanks again for the reply. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (372 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @ThePerfectAnswer

When you have the chance would you mind setting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps at all? If there's something else running on the PC that could be preventing the client from launching that might help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Please let me know how it goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for replying the issue was origin and apex were loaded onto a different drives and the one with origin was corrupting. So now that they are on a functional drive the issue is fixed. Thanks again for the reply. 

Message 3 of 4 (373 Views)

Community Manager

@ThePerfectAnswer

Ah, I see! Thanks for following up to let me know. I'm glad you were able to figure out what was happening. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (354 Views)