Blurry textures

by MrTux

Original Post

Blurry textures

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello, I have had this problem for a long time:

When you have to select a legend to start the game, the textures of the characters take a long time to load, the textures are clear after a long wait.

I have this problem since season 6, before I was on a GTX 960 2go and I had exactly the same problem as now with my gt 1060 6gb ...

I also set my texture budget to 6gb

My drivers are up to date, windows are up to date, I repaired the game, I reinstalled origin, I reinstalled apex ... But nothing

I attach here an example screen and my dxdiag.

I hope you can help me !
Thank you

Apex Legends Screenshot 2020.12.15 - 12.42.08.51.png

Apex Legends Screenshot 2021.02.09 - 11.32.44.40.png

Message 1 of 34 (1,244 Views)

Re: Blurry textures

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! could you check your in-game graphics settings and turn up texture quality to see if it works any better? also if you have had done any settings in the NVIDIA control panel, Advanced 3D graphics settings, please change them back to default. also, take a look at app-specific settings. The main reason for the slow texture stream may be caused by many stuff including The PCI-E bandwidth of your Graphics card, Your HDD or SSD speed, and Its response time. Please focus on the last thing first because IO speed influences the stream the most. Installing Apex on a faster drive will make the gaming experience much better.

Message 2 of 34 (1,207 Views)

★ Guide
Hello, I will do what you told me!
I specify that I installed apex on a hard disk hdd 7200 revolutions per minute. Also, I noticed that my graphics card has the pcie 3.0 connection but my motherboard only has the pcie 2.0 ...
Message 3 of 34 (1,196 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

turn off TSAA in settings (anti aliasing)

Message 4 of 34 (1,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! Thank you for investigating my reply. Most hard drives even if they are 7200rpm still have a great chance of degrade in speed after years of use. This typically means the data stored on the hard drive might been fragmented. Perform a defragmentation on the drive may help a little. The worst case is that the disk itself is damaged over time and the average response time is above normal. It’s really common among all hard drives. I highly recommend you installing the game on a SSD. Speaking of the PCIe problem tho, I don’t think your pc have a PCIE 2.0 which is a pretty old standard where most graphics cards and cpu manufactured in those time period can’t really run apex at playable framerates , nor the cpu that supports motherboard with such old standards. Even if you do have a pcie 2.0 motherboard, the use of pcie3.0 lane is mostly depend on the cpu you use. You can check the motherboard and gpu connection type and speed with a tool called cpu-z. It’s a freeware by tech power ups. 

Message 5 of 34 (1,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't really want to deactivate the TSAA, after the game will be very ugly ...

Message 6 of 34 (1,149 Views)

★ Guide

@wolf109909  Hi, my hdd hard drive is quite new, i bought it 6 months ago and i often defragmented it with windows tool. I confirm that my motherboard is in pcie 2.0, it is a ga-h81m-s2vp. My processor and my motherboard date from 2014, I have an i5 4460 ... Here is a screen of my gpuz

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 34 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

HI! About the PCIe bandwidth it’s not necessary to upgrade for a new motherboard since gtx 1060 won’t eat up all pcie 3.0 x16.  People with x8 works just fine on the internet so it should not be a problem. I also find someone with 3gb 1060 and pcie 3.0x16 with the same issue. I also I have a pretty new hard drive at 7200rpm hooked on my pc . I will do a test between my hdd and ssd for you to see if even native 7200rpm at their best performance still struggles the texture stream and try to poke around for something useful if hdd environment is mostly the case. But I’m not a ea developer here I don’t guarantee you with completely solving this. I will try and if doesn’t work then it’s probably a game glitch for hdd support or such. Would you mind adding me on steam for real-time feedback or just posting your ingame settings here?

Message 8 of 34 (1,127 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@MrTux wrote:

I don't really want to deactivate the TSAA, after the game will be very ugly ...

that s why is * blurry because of TSAA, omfg!!

Message 9 of 34 (1,115 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

TSAA will make the whole picture blurry but in his case he declared that is the texture loading time too slow. It’s more related to lod setting and io speed 

Message 10 of 34 (1,106 Views)