Re: Blue screen while playing Apex Legends

by PrayForPlagues

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Blue screen while playing Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie

After a while of playing Apex Legends i experience a blue screen and my pc reboots. I have set all my settings to the lowest amount but it doesn't seem to differ.

Sometimes i can play for some hours but then it just crashes on me again. I searched up some solutions but none of these have worked so far.

- I tried to update my CPU driver to the latest version.

- as i said i set all my settigns to the lowest to reduce the usage of GPU and CPU.

I would love to play the game but i just don't want it to crash my whole pc all the time.

Specs:

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz

Installed RAM: 16GB

System type: 64-bit

Graphics: GeForce GTX 950

Message 1 of 22 (46,853 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice
Found out that playing on 16:9 doesn't crash. Only when using different aspect ratios;
Guess ill stick to 16:9 until this gets fixed

View in thread

Message 4 of 22 (46,828 Views)

All Replies

Was running fine yesterday, now bluescreening my PC [AMD]

★ Novice

My PC started crashing randomly during games but usually after 5-10 minutes in a match, this results in a bluescreen with a distorted error that i cannot read (probably because i play at 16:10 in Apex and i'm 16:9 native)

yesterday played without problems for 2 hours; haven't updated anything in the last day so i'm really not sure what's suddendly causing this.

RX 590 (drivers updated to 19.2.1)

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

Windows 10

game running on medium-low for best performance with no problems whatsoever, any ideas?

- For later -

Will try to get a crash on 16:9 to actually see the error, will upload later.

Message 2 of 22 (46,856 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Blunt9k  sorry to hear about the blue screen you're getting while playing.

Double-check to make sure your PC has all the latest updates installed for Windows. Type "Windows Updates" into the search bar on your desktop taskbar.

Based off the specs you've given us they go above the minimum requirements and you are playing on low settings, so it might just be an outdated driver for you video card. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

If you have the latest driver it might be worth rolling back the driver back as others have been having success doing that.

It could be temperature related too. What type of power supply do you have and does your PC fan get really loud?

@qlkfhmkbqd  Moved your similar post over here.

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 22 (46,842 Views)

★ Novice
Found out that playing on 16:9 doesn't crash. Only when using different aspect ratios;
Guess ill stick to 16:9 until this gets fixed
Message 4 of 22 (46,829 Views)

Community Manager

@qlkfhmkbqd 

I went ahead and marked your response as a solution for visibility reasons. We're not considering this as a solution for everyone.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 22 (46,661 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! @EA_Blueberry 
Iam still geting bluescreens with my new pc and i have legitmately tried it all. 

I have 650W power supply is that enough?

Message 6 of 22 (44,643 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue, random crashes sometimes resulting in a blue screen and reboot of my pc, it meets the system requirements and I do not have any issues with any other games, I have updated all my drivers, updated AND rolled back my AMD driver, have tried everything, nothing seems to work the game just crashes randomly, it is very frustrating.

Message 7 of 22 (43,177 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

is anyone else having this issue?

it happens randomly: right after the countdown for the character selection the screen goes black even if you alt enter remains black until the characters has been selected for the whole team it goes back to normal, this game has so many problems...

Message 8 of 22 (43,145 Views)

★ Novice

I'm still getting BSOD randomly in some games. Can go 5 or 6 games with no problems then suddenly BSOD midgame.

Specs:

Cpu:i5-6600k

Gpu:1080ti

Ram 16gb ddr4

Message 9 of 22 (42,623 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just had a BSOD as the message 'CHAMPION' appeared on my screen.

Infuriating.

i7 6700K

RTX 2080 Ti

16GB RAM

Message 10 of 22 (41,454 Views)