Re: Blue Screen of Death after closing BF2042

by Cypress_CH

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Why have I logged out of FC24 game, but EAbackgroundservice is still running? It causes my computer to shut down and restart itself after each time I play FC24

Message 91 of 209 (5,528 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi all,

I was also affected by this BSOD (KERNEL APC PENDING DURING EXIT) issue when exiting BF2042.

My system

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

64GB DDR4-3600

and solved it by disabling the mentioned ASUS drivers (there is no need to delete them, just disable them for your gaming session until this has been fixed by EA or ASUS).

system32\drivers\AsIO2.sys

system32\drivers\AsIO3.sys
SysWOW64\drivers\AsIO.sys

SysWOW64\drivers\AsUpIO.sys

If someone is still having this problem, could anyone provide me with the following registry keys (the ASUS drivers should currently be running on your system and you may not have all of these registry entries on your system).

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AsIO

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AsUpIO

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Asusgio2

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Asusgio3

Export them as a *.reg file and attach them here please.

Thanks in advance.

Message 92 of 209 (5,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @Cypress_CH ,

How did you disable those drivers? I just want to make sure to follow the correct process. Thanks

Message 93 of 209 (5,468 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @Mirakulas05 ,

In short: by editing the startup process of these ASUS drivers in the registry.

If you still have the problem, then the ASUS drivers are still active on your system.

Could you please export the registry entries mentioned and attach them here as *.reg files?

To do so, please open up the registry, browse to the location of the entry and do a right click in the left panel on the entry and select: Export and save them to your desktop.

I could then create some REG files for you and anyone else who still has the problem to activate/deactivate these ASUS drivers.

Please note that disabling these ASUS drivers will have an impact on software such as ASUS AI Suite or other ASUS fan controlling software!
(I don't use ASUS AI Suite or any other ASUS fan controlling software as I use the software ICUE on my system.)

Thanks in advance.

Message 94 of 209 (5,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Here you have 3 files (the 4th one will be in the next post)
I have changed the extension from .reg to .txt because it wasn't supported by this platform.

If you can please let me know how do you disable these drivers, and then how to re enable them. And what is missing in the system when disabled??

Thank in advance!

Message 95 of 209 (5,435 Views)

★ Apprentice

Attached is the last file you requested.

Thanks again!

Message 96 of 209 (5,432 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I tried to temporarily added .old on the extension file, it goes like this. DriverName.sys.old

Im not sure if the approach was different but i did not get any BSOD after closing BF2042.

Message 97 of 209 (5,426 Views)

★★★ Novice

I used Autoruns by Microsoft/Sysinternals to disable those drivers. Windows error pop ups Asus Framework missing but can be ignored for now. Seems a mitigation until a proper fix by EA.

Message 98 of 209 (5,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SilverChris10  thank you for providing me the REG files.

Regarding your questions: if those drivers are disabled, it will have an impact on software such as ASUS AI Suite or other ASUS fan controlling software! (I don't use ASUS AI Suite or any other ASUS fan controlling software as I use the software ICUE on my system.)

If you would like to use the registry method, then to disable those drivers, follow the below instructions (or use one of the mentioned software at the end of the post).

To re-enable those drives using the registry method, set the start type back to:

"Start"=dword:00000001

@Mirakulas05 this is also a possible solution, but don't forget to change back the filename if this ever get's fixed by EA or ASUS Wink

@NashDebonair also a possible solution Wink

To disable those ASUS drivers, you can either do so by editing the following registry entries:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AsIO
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AsUpIO
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Asusgio2
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Asusgio3

and set the start type of each of those services (drivers) to manual:

"Start"=dword:00000003

or use one of the following software:

ServiWin http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/serviwin.html

Autoruns for Windows - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn

I've attached 3 TXT files (rename them to *.REG) and double click on them to disable those ASUS drivers - last file will be in a follow up post.

Message 99 of 209 (5,374 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Finally we found the Root Cause of the BOSD now if only EA Fixs this then we will be good for BF2042 and FC24

Message 100 of 209 (5,367 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help