Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) randomly

by greatpugsley

Original Post

Re: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) randomly

Community Manager

@greatpugsley

Great news, thanks so much for posting your resolution.

barry.png
Message 11 of 16 (1,721 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Harsh to say but I'm glad to not be the only one having this problem.

However, I had the same idea that OC might be bad in combination with Battlefield V and that's why I reset my entire mobo without any OC. For me however, the BSoD or Hard crash still remains. 

Yesterday I was fine playing 6 - 8 matches in a row. Today I couldn't even finish one single match without hard crashing..

It's funny how EA shows your post as the answer while it obviously isn't for everyone (no hard feelings to you, I'm glad it works for you). I just hope EA doens't see this as a solution for everyone while obviously it isn't.

Message 12 of 16 (1,720 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, even contacted microsoft, the told me it was a memory corruption, so i want and did a full 24h straight memtest86+, all 13 test with no issue.

That was the last picture i've taken at 22h20 minutes into the 9th test, so i'm back to square one.

My guess, is like you OC + battlefield isn't making a good combo which is insane in my opinion 

Message 13 of 16 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was able to play BFV for 2 days no issues and then all of a sudden i'm getting all the bsods :c

Specs:

8700k @ 4.7Ghz

16Gb RAM @ XMP 2400

1060GTX (using MSi with fan speed at 25%)

Message 14 of 16 (1,399 Views)

★ Novice

same bro, its not just you. 

Message 15 of 16 (1,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I was having this issue when I launched NFS: Heat and this is the only game it happened on. This post put me in the direction of my BIOS but unlike the original poster I had no turbo settings active or anything like that. 

It did turn out that my BIOS was out of date though and when I updated it the issue went away. 

If the original posters fix isn't helping check whether you have a new BIOS version available and update it if you do.  

Message 16 of 16 (1,077 Views)