Re: Blocking glitches, v1.32, Ps4. (saber users not blocking bolts/sabers)

by HomerSpinson

Original Post

Blocking glitches, v1.32, Ps4. (saber users not blocking bolts/sabers)

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug I've been playing a lot of HvV lately. I've run into two weird glitches where the saber blocking simply doesn't work. I'm aware that Anakin has a move that breaks blocks, but even with other heroes/villains it sometimes doesn't work. In one instance I'm playing as Yoda and Kylo is attacking me. I have enough stamina, and I hold the block button. You even see the animation, but Kylo still attacks through it and kills me without a problem. In another, I'm playing as Darth Maul, facing down Han Solo in HvV, and despite that my stamina is full and I hold down block, the bar is strangely greyed out, and even with his saber up, I get shot to death. I have video of both incidents below.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PSN ID:
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 5/24/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:30 AM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's hard to say. I ran into instances of it when playing saber users. Starting to block while the enemy is dealing damage to you with either saber or blasters might reproduce the glitch. Specifically it happened with Yoda when facing Kylo, and Maul facing Han.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite the block animation activating, the enemy attacks are not deflected or blocked in any way.
What do you expect to see? The attacks to be blocked so long as the key/button is held down and the animation commences, as long as the player has enough stamina.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number (It'd be the PS4's integrated card, I'm not sure which one this is. Standard model.)

This only occurred with Yoda and Maul, but here are the clips of the instances here.

- With Yoda. Although it's a quick clip, you can see the animation commences and yet Kylo breaks through. I'm not sure if he has a skill that breaks through blocks. If so, that might be what we're seeing here. https://puu.sh/DzIUk.mp4

- With Maul. It's even clearer something is wrong here since it lasts longer. I clearly have full stamina as I haven't attacked at all yet, but his blasts are all able to get through with impunity. https://puu.sh/DzIUb.mp4

Message 1 of 3 (387 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed. Saber blocking has gotten worse

Message 2 of 3 (359 Views)

★ Guide

Never have I seen such a broken mess of a game since online multiplayer gaming was invented. Block works 50% of the time if that. Abilites work 50% of the time if that. People quit out and leave you a man down in H v V and it never adds a player if that. I could honestly make an A - Z encylopedia of all the issues in this game but instead I'll just toss this game in the bin. Adios DICE, won't be purchasing a game you work on ever again. Signed ex battlefront player!

Message 3 of 3 (349 Views)