Re: Blaringly loud cell phone voices

by Sjonny30

Original Post

Game becomes really loud if a device is unplugged during loading screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

So, yeah... I basically encountered one of the weirdest bugs I´ve ever seen in a game. If during the loading screen that comes after selecting "play" a device gets disconnected from your pc, apparently the audio in the game tends to get really, really loud and distorted after the loading finishes. SERIOUSLY, I´m talking youtube poop earrape levels of loudness lmao... Has anyone ever encountered this?

And it´s not just with audio peripherals, which is really bizarre. It happened for the first time when I purposely unplugged my headset during the loading screen after pressing "play", so I thought this issue was only restricted to audio peripherals, which would kinda make sense, right? But it happened to me again, and this time it happened when my Xbox One controller momentarily disconnected from the pc (because of faulty wiring) during the same loading screen. If I reopen the game and don´t disconnect anything, the audio always plays normally.

This is really bizarre. Please look into this if you have the time, my ears and my neighbors would really appreciate it if you fixed this lmao

Message 1 of 22 (1,990 Views)

Very loud audio on character voices!

★ Pro

After I updated the game and started playing I heard very loud character voices. At first I was thinking this was a joke from someone ingame but no. This got too the point that it started hurting my ears. I am glad I have captured this moment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk6mov1DJuM here is video footage. I hope this issue will be resolved immediatly! Also you can see in this video that the TAA leaves a very bad trailing effect behind. I also want to see a toggle ingame to disable the sharpening and filmgrain I wasn't able to trace back any gamefiles where I can disable it.

Message 2 of 22 (1,989 Views)

Re: Game becomes really loud if a device is unplugged during loading screen

★ Pro

I have had the same thing check out my post with video evidence of this happening and compare it to yours. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk6mov1DJuM At first I was like this can't be true. It is probably some kid messing with his mic in voicechat like every other game but nope.

Message 3 of 22 (1,950 Views)

Betreff: Very loud audio on character voices!

★★ Guide

Set in game Audio Options to headphones?

Message 4 of 22 (1,976 Views)

Re: Game becomes really loud if a device is unplugged during loading screen

★★★★ Apprentice

LMAO Yes, this is exactly what happened to me! Glad to know I'm not going crazy Wink

You know, I'm almost starting to think that they should keep this bug, since it makes the game so much funnier (maybe keep it as a hidden option or something, imagine someone doing a full playthrough of this game in earrape mode??? lol)

Message 5 of 22 (1,940 Views)

Re: Very loud audio on character voices!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

The worst thing about this bug is that you can never fully predict when it's going to happen. It happened to me when I unplugged something from my computer while the game was loading, but I'm not 100% sure if that's what causes it, or if it's the only thing that causes it. So the only thing I can do is start the game at low volume and pray to god it doesn't earrape me lmao

Can you recall if you also disconnected something when this happened to you?

Message 6 of 22 (1,969 Views)

Re: Very loud audio on character voices!

★ Pro

I didn't disconnect anything maybe it was my controller disconnecting for a second but anything else no.

Message 7 of 22 (1,958 Views)

Blaringly loud cell phone voices

★★ Apprentice

I didn't play this weekend because I was busy and over troubleshooting the launch issues. I started my game back up and realized it had an update. Awesome! Hopefully it fixed some things for people. 

I loaded up the game and everything seemed normal (aside from the inventory not syncing thing.) 

I get into the world and I sadly didn't get a "Headphone Users Warning" right before what seemed to be +90Db screeching of a story line phone call in my ears. It seriously blew out one of my ear buds because it now has a crackle under any sound I put through it.They are just some wired Apple earpods, but sadly they are all I have... er... had...

So to all headphone users. beware... The new problem that arose from the "update" will destroy your headphones. 

Message 8 of 22 (1,972 Views)

Re: Blaringly loud cell phone voices

★ Pro
https://youtu.be/uk6mov1DJuM also happend to me. Also destroys yours ears. Needs to be fixed immediatly.
Message 9 of 22 (1,952 Views)

Stop ignoring me fix the * EARRAPE!

★ Pro

I have already posted this and still want you guys to fix your * game. The earrape isn't even the only problem I have! Sorry to sound angry but I have posted multiple problems this game has on the forum with no * response. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk6mov1DJuM Whenever this happens it scares the * out of me so please fix this! It scares people and can even make you DEAF!

Message 10 of 22 (1,955 Views)